Challenge: During an LD, remember something from another LD

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
lucidinthe sky

Challenge: During an LD, remember something from another LD

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Nov 2013 07:53

Maybe this is not something that is not even difficult to do. It seems very rare to have actually remembered anything while in a lucid dream, especially something that happened in another lucid dream. Just thought it would be cool to try.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Highlander

Re: Challenge: During an LD, remember something from another

Postby Highlander » 03 Nov 2013 14:20

For me, this is not much difficult to do. One must have a good level of lucidity. I have great memory from other LD's and from real life. Today i had a great lucid dream where i could remember 4 tasks that i wrote down in real life. Hell, i even can remember the posts from this forum while i'm dreaming.
As for remembering stuff from other dreams, yes. This was helpful to not make the same mistakes twice.
Last edited by Highlander on 03 Nov 2013 20:26, edited 1 time in total.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2013 20:21

I was once in a lucid dream and trying to recall the dream from 5 minutes ago while in the dream because I wanted to remember it well in the morning.

What happened though, is that I started to get false memories of what happened 5 minutes ago. I was still in dream mode and therefore I was creating memories instead of recalling them.

After I woke up, it all made sense and I remembered the true memory.

But that was all in the same dream and not remembering a past lucid dream. It would be interesting to try, especially if it's a dream destination that you want to go to again. You may find yourself in the same dream again from your past.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Nov 2013 23:13

I'm kind of wondering if you have memories while in dreams, not just memories of your day life, but also of other dreams while in a dream. Like you said, maybe it will trigger going back to that dream, that would be interesting. The only memory I had during a dream was in one of my first LDs where I was telling myself to remember that I had gone to bed and there was no way I could have gotten to the place in the dream. I'm not really sure I could actually remember it though, just told myself to help believe it was dream.

In dreams it feels like you are outside of time, there doesn't seem to be a sense of past and future either. Whenever I talk to DCs about time, they are confused and have no concept of what it is.

Another thing is that as you are starting to go to sleep it feels like you are chasing thoughts, trying to connect them, but you can't remember the last thought. That might not have anything to do with memories in dreams, but makes me wonder.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2013 23:34

lucidinthe sky wrote:Another thing is that as you are starting to go to sleep it feels like you are chasing thoughts, trying to connect them, but you can't remember the last thought.

I know what that's like. You start to think randomly and put those thoughts together, never considering how they relate. I lose myself in that and start to dream and lose consciousness somewhere along the line without knowing it. That's hypnagogia for you. I've still never had a true intentional WILD.

lucidinthe sky wrote:In dreams it feels like you are outside of time

One thing I have noticed is that when awake, my memories are processed chronologically. I know if an event happened before another and know the approximate year of it. It's my personal photo-album of my life in my mind. But when I am dreaming, lucid or not, they cross that boundry of time and places, people and things that happened years ago seem familiar like they were happening now and that's the way it always was. Dream houses are like that and I know you know about that. And I still see high school friends all the time without questioning it.

Sleeping is like experiencing amnesia. We don't always remember the specifics of our lives, but we certainly remember our general identity and ideas we have had. Like Highlander said, it's why we don't make the same mistake twice in a lucid dream and learn from it. (Well, I still do things and have made a mistake 10 times or more.) It's dream-amnesia though and not my fault.

I had a OBE-type lucid dream within the past week, forget the day, but I kept looking around to see if anything in my house was out of the ordinary because I still wasn't sure. I tried two reality checks and they failed. I knew I was dreaming, but concluded that I was lucid-sleep-walking. After waking up I realized how stupid I was. The house looked nothing like anything I have ever known and yet it all seemed familiar at the time and it never clicked. Perhaps false memories were at work.

When in a dream I find it easy to remember myself as a dreamer, as if I have different personality or self identity when I am dreaming than when I am awake. Then when awake, especially in the middle of the day, I forget what it was like to dream. I feel like I live a double life, a dual identity, with different memories and sense of self.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”