Hey all

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Mist

Hey all

Postby Mist » 03 Nov 2013 16:09

New lucid dreamer here! Glad to be here.

I don't say much about myself so instead I will ramble about my lucid dreaming experiences!

I've only been doing it for about a week and I've had two lucid dreams and one that I don't think meets the criteria for lucid dreaming but was kind of weird.

I had my first lucid dream back last Sunday AM. I had been sporadically keeping a dream diary just for the purposes of remembering my dreams, but I had not been very good about it. I was awoken around 3:30 AM and ended up staying awake until about 4:10. While I was falling back asleep, or maybe when I was already asleep, not quite sure, I saw what looked like a rear-view mirror floating in my room. In it, a whole bunch of incredibly detailed buildings were passing by and I was floored by how detailed they were and how perfectly the laws of perspective were obeyed and how real the shadows looked. I thought I was awake and hallucinating with open eyes (maybe I was? idk) and I wanted to see the same thing behind closed eyes, so I closed my eyes and imagined I could still see what I saw, and within a few seconds or so the vision returned and filled my whole vision. After watching that scene for a while, I decided to try to fly, and was able to take off easily. I actually ended up flying off into space and visiting aliens on other planets and even in another galaxy.

That was all pretty incredible and I dearly wanted to experience something like that again so I've been working on it since. I've been doing my reality checks and I've woken up during the night for half an hour almost every day to do some MILD and read about lucid dreaming.

Those efforts yielded nothing all week until yesterday. Basically, what I think happened is that I fell asleep while visualizing myself being in a lucid dream, and instead of being aware that I was dreaming, I thought I was still just visualizing a dream. I had complete control, but it wasn't very vivid or meaningful. At one point I had a false awakening where there was a TV on a table right next to my bed and it was turned on. I thought that was pretty annoying and I rolled over to turn away from the light. I didn't suspect that I was in a dream, even though there's no TV in my room at all!

Then this morning I had another genuine lucid dream, but unfortunately I woke out of it soon after becoming lucid (I understand this is an obstacle for most beginners, hopefully I can overcome it). I was driving my car on this mountain road and I bumped the car in front of me. I got out of my car and the driver and I were standing on the side of the road and he told me that I had bumped his car off the cliff right at the edge of the road. I couldn't believe that I had done something so careless and suddenly I had this suspicion I was in a dream. I didn't see any clocks or text around so I counted all of my fingers and I had 10, but I still suspected I was in a dream. Then I noticed a digital clock lying a bit further up the road and I told the other driver to hang on a second while I went to look at it. I looked it at three times and it was different each time so I knew I was dreaming. I went back to the other driver and told him, "don't worry dude I'll get your car back," and I shot a blue tractor beam out of my hand to pull his car back up to the road. Then I tried to take off flying and I left the ground, but then I was sucked at incredible speed up, up, up and wasn't able to fight against that pull. And then I woke up :(

tea

Re: Hey all

Postby tea » 03 Nov 2013 19:29

hi there!

awesome expieriences! i'm sure you'll overcome waking up after becoming lucid, it's not that hard ;)

well done so far!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 03 Nov 2013 20:42

Mist wrote:At one point I had a false awakening where there was a TV on a table right next to my bed and it was turned on. I thought that was pretty annoying and I rolled over to turn away from the light. I didn't suspect that I was in a dream, even though there's no TV in my room at all!

I know what that's like. For some reason the TV or other objects seem familiar as if they were always there.

Mist wrote:While I was falling back asleep, or maybe when I was already asleep, not quite sure, I saw what looked like a rear-view mirror floating in my room.

I think you were already asleep, but didn't know it. It's similar to the other false awakening you had, and the layout of your room can look very convincing. It feels like your eyes are open, but they're not. And you can always close your eyes in a lucid dream, which is what I suspect you did. Then your imagination took you to a dream away from the false awakening in your room.

What I do now, if I have enough wits about me and realize it, is I get up out of bed and walk around whenever I am in bed and suspect that I am dreaming. It becomes an OBE-type way to start a lucid dream. You still need to do a reality check because they can be very convincing and fool me a lot. Things just seem normal at the time, even though after I wake up I realize just how out of the ordinary the furniture was placed.

Mist wrote:I've only been doing it for about a week

You're going to make others jealous including me! :mrgreen: (Green with jealousy).
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Mist

Postby Mist » 04 Nov 2013 03:01

HAGART wrote:
Mist wrote:At one point I had a false awakening where there was a TV on a table right next to my bed and it was turned on. I thought that was pretty annoying and I rolled over to turn away from the light. I didn't suspect that I was in a dream, even though there's no TV in my room at all!

I know what that's like. For some reason the TV or other objects seem familiar as if they were always there.

Mist wrote:While I was falling back asleep, or maybe when I was already asleep, not quite sure, I saw what looked like a rear-view mirror floating in my room.

I think you were already asleep, but didn't know it. It's similar to the other false awakening you had, and the layout of your room can look very convincing. It feels like your eyes are open, but they're not. And you can always close your eyes in a lucid dream, which is what I suspect you did. Then your imagination took you to a dream away from the false awakening in your room.

What I do now, if I have enough wits about me and realize it, is I get up out of bed and walk around whenever I am in bed and suspect that I am dreaming. It becomes an OBE-type way to start a lucid dream. You still need to do a reality check because they can be very convincing and fool me a lot. Things just seem normal at the time, even though after I wake up I realize just how out of the ordinary the furniture was placed.

Mist wrote:I've only been doing it for about a week

You're going to make others jealous including me! :mrgreen: (Green with jealousy).

Thanks for the tips :) I've been telling myself to do reality checks every time I open my eyes during the night, but somehow I seem to always forget. Hopefully that idea will stick at some point. I was thrilled when my reality check worked this morning.

I also just read an article on the main site about solidifying and lengthening LDs, that seemed like a very helpful read, I can't wait to put it into practice :mrgreen:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”