Best lucid talk with a DC I've Had Yet

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
lucidinthe sky

Re: Best lucid talk with a DC I've Had Yet

Postby lucidinthe sky » 21 Oct 2013 15:26

I have the same problem at times, especially after having quite a few lucid dreams. Things are much more real in dreams and more intense. They change so fast sometimes, it's almost impossible not to be shocked into waking up. Dreams can also be very disorienting when they are very real, like a trip and it's hard to hold on for the ride. But some mental preparation and conditioning can help somewhat.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 21 Oct 2013 22:23

That's the goal, I am learning to face my fears and stop worrying about scary things like that. Often times I get scared of things that I recall from horror movies coming to mess with me and I just start to think now, "How irrational is that?", "Can't it at least be a real threat?" Nowadays, I am trying to remove all fears from my head so I can face anything in my dreams at an intelligent level.

Mist

Postby Mist » 04 Nov 2013 14:46

Sounds intense. I don't discount out of hand the possibility of shared dreams and such. It seems unlikely since there's basically no evidence. But thinking about it, so much of reality is about expectations. Maybe you can only share a dream with someone if everyone you will speak to about it in the future expects that dream sharing is possible. Perhaps if one person expects it to be impossible, then the future possibility of your violating that expectation by talking to them about it makes it impossible for you in the present. Does that make sense? Maybe you can do anything as long as no one's expectations are too solidly in the way...

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 04 Nov 2013 15:10

Mist wrote:Sounds intense. I don't discount out of hand the possibility of shared dreams and such. It seems unlikely since there's basically no evidence. But thinking about it, so much of reality is about expectations. Maybe you can only share a dream with someone if everyone you will speak to about it in the future expects that dream sharing is possible. Perhaps if one person expects it to be impossible, then the future possibility of your violating that expectation by talking to them about it makes it impossible for you in the present. Does that make sense? Maybe you can do anything as long as no one's expectations are too solidly in the way...

Mist wrote:Sounds intense. I don't discount out of hand the possibility of shared dreams and such. It seems unlikely since there's basically no evidence. But thinking about it, so much of reality is about expectations. Maybe you can only share a dream with someone if everyone you will speak to about it in the future expects that dream sharing is possible. Perhaps if one person expects it to be impossible, then the future possibility of your violating that expectation by talking to them about it makes it impossible for you in the present. Does that make sense? Maybe you can do anything as long as no one's expectations are too solidly in the way...

That makes perfect sense, and I agree. I believe shared dreaming is possible as well, not a doubt in my mind.
I even believe I've managed to do it, but I have no proof of course.

That's the problem when it comes to these things, there is no proof. No evidence, and because of this we can't understand it from a left brained perspective.

But from a right brained perspective, it's pretty simple! I am finding more and more that our society as a whole needs to make a shift from the logical left brain to the intuitive right brain, maybe then we can finally understand these things, and in turn, then discover the left brained facts and evidence as well!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 00:33

Dream sharing is easy to prove if the other remembers the same dream too. (well at least to them both of those who are involved.. unless one had thought to try to prove it to others too and writing them down first before comparing).

The other doesnt have to at all believe in this for it to be able to occur, all that's important is both remember the dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 00:41

The Beach Boy wrote:Thank you for the great response! And yes, I do enjoy the forum very much. This is the only place I am able to talk about my experiences with lucid dreams because there is literally no one in my town who does it that I know. I indeed should learn to face these things that scare me, but damn! In that particular dream, the second that woman looked at me I think I might instantly have lost my lucidity because I just lost all sense of control and sped the hell out.

I think not reacting in a LD in fear comes with practice. I just try to ignore things like that and purposely force myself to face them (its not easy but I can usually do it). If I back off in fear instinct in a LD, once I have a grip of myself again I'll always go right back and try to face what scared me. Last couple of things I reacted instinctually too in a LD was a huge lion (haha I wanted to run, I did go back but he'd left) and also a LD in which I was on a slippery shit covered steep slope with a long drop if I went down. I have a fear of falling so I tried hard to ignore it but it was hard.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

unreadsign

Postby unreadsign » 23 Dec 2013 21:02

1. So, this guy is Indian, do you like Indian food?

2. Bearka vibrations - Just a thought, if your dog is named Bear this could be a reference to the positive energy the dog provides you, even when you're dreaming.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 27 Dec 2013 20:06

unreadsign wrote:1. So, this guy is Indian, do you like Indian food?

I've met many other Indian dream characters too.
I haven't had too many close friends in life, but two of them were Indian and were very open minded people that I felt comfortable around and was able to be my true self with. I could get deep and talk about philosophical things with them. I think that's why I keep meeting Indian dream characters and some of them look exactly like the ones I know in real life, but this one was a stranger.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 02 Dec 2014 21:25

I wanted to see so bad what Tokyo said about being an astral traveler! Have you ever tried to travel to Tokyo in your lucid dreams after this dream? Maybe you could find him and ask him??

[ Post made via Android ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 02 Dec 2014 22:56

Like I said, his name was To-ki-o (phonetically), but didn't feel it had anything to do with the city.

But I did try to meet that dream character again. He was not the same and he didn't talk much. But thanks for bringing it up because I have yet to peruse my dream journal for the past few years and drudging up these old dreams are fun. Here's how it went:

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 (This excerpt starts after I was already lucid, it ended, had a few false awakenings, and continued lucid dreaming....)

Later, I was walking around a house, devoid of people, and looking at all the clutter like a basement full of junk. I saw a box that had papers in it, and I saw my own hand writing in pencil on it. I did read it though and thought it may have had something to do with dream journals. I then remembered something I wanted to try. I wanted to try and remember the July 22, 2013 dream about the astral plane in the field and see if it would come back. I started to think about it, but nothing happened. I then called out for Toki-Oh to show up, but nobody did. There were some steps and I was going to go up, but there were some bags at the base of the steps and felt like they were placed there because somebody wanted me to take them up so I did. One was like a rolled up sleeping bag and the other I slung over my shoulder. At the top there was a room with plants and at first one looked like Aloe Vera, but the others looked like pot. Without looking I dropped the bags. They were all short plants, but one had a huge bud on top. I plucked it and wanted to bring it back to reality. I looked at it closer and felt like it needed to be trimmed and saw some stems that were like Enoki Mushrooms. I felt something bushy at the back of my neck and thought about how we experience strange but realistic sensations in lucid dreams and thought of telling Andrew (my brother).

I then went outside. There was a bit of a drop and I didn't want to jump so I climbed down. I looked around and I felt like I was in a yard with grass and trees similar to Rosemere. (Grandparent's home full of childhood memories to me). There were some people around, but I was still thinking of finding Toki-Oh. There was a house and out the front door came an Indian guy who looked like Tony (college friend of mine from India), but he had wavy, hyper-colored, purple hair.

I forget if I even said anything to start, be he said, something like, 'You don't know me. I don't know you'. I asked what his name was, but he changed the subject as if I asked a completely different question. He said something like, 'I don't know how." The dream started to fade.

I could still see a very faint image and relaxed and just passively observed it. It was like a faint after image and I say the tops of trees like a faint silhouette. I could see a sky too and there was a small, but bright light in the center of my vision. I kept watching, knowing I was lucid, and the light started to expand a little and I could see clouds now. I felt my left index finger on the outside of my nose and my right two fingers on my right temple as if I was in deep concentration. I then realized I was not sleeping in that position and they were probably dream hands. As I watched I felt like the center light was the sun and provided life energy to all I could see. The sky was dark suddenly and I saw a stunning night sky with stars. I wondered, since I knew I was dreaming, why wait for visuals and simply speak outloud.

I forget what I said, but it was essentially, 'hello', with the intent of seeing if anybody else was out there to hear me. Suddenly, and to my surprise, the light expanded tremendously and I was taken aback by the sheer magnitude and felt like a small person in the presence of a God. I saw some planets in the sky, crystal clear. I must have turned away and looked elsewhere and it became a 3D lucid dream again.

I saw some kids playing (like the same ones from before) in a park with swings etc. One kid fell off something and landed on the ground and I used my hand to wave him back up unscathed. He said something like, 'This is the dimension of pain', like he just remembered. I think I then went inside.

I was sweaty in the dream and decided to take my clothes off. I was wearing pajama bottoms and a shirt. I took off my pants and had to use my feet to step on them to peel them off. I didn't care who saw me; I knew it was a dream. I felt like getting in a bathtub to refresh myself. Someone said something about her shower not working right. There was a short but deep tub with some water already in it. I took off my shirt and got in, but when I did, I realized the water was much lower now and the drain was open. I turned a lever switch to close it up again. I felt like (Some Girl I won't name :oops: ) had used it last. She was there watching too and I asked if she wanted to get in and she did. There was little room so she had to straddle me. Then I felt like I was watching it 3rd person and she was on my lap. Then I suddenly woke up.

Just when it was getting good! ;) I could have left that last part out, but I like to share the whole dream right to the end. I have profound lucid dream goals and some deep thoughts, but a lot of my lucid dreams end with a little fun. Nothing wrong with that! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Dream Characters”