I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
Vonozar
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Dec 2012 22:51

I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Vonozar » 30 Oct 2013 22:36

I am beyond excited and had to share that with SOMEONE, so I decided to post it here. Best.homework.ever. :D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

User avatar
Knife
Posts: 224
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 11:12
Location: Belgium

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Knife » 02 Nov 2013 07:12

Lucky you :D
I had to do a presentation about 'something new' so I wanted to do it about lucid dreaming since almost no-one knows about it but the teacher said I really had to invent something myself to develop my creativity :(
If there's anything school don't give you it's creativity...

But anyway, good luck with your essay, post it when it's finished :D
Inherit the earth

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby HAGART » 02 Nov 2013 07:34

I would like to see the finished product too.
And please describe the teacher's blank stare of disbelief and whatever other reactions they have too! :lol:
I love to see teachers squirm in the face of intelligence! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Dec 2012 22:51

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Vonozar » 02 Nov 2013 09:01

Knife wrote:Lucky you :D
I had to do a presentation about 'something new' so I wanted to do it about lucid dreaming since almost no-one knows about it but the teacher said I really had to invent something myself to develop my creativity :(
If there's anything school don't give you it's creativity...

But anyway, good luck with your essay, post it when it's finished :D


Thanks! That sucks about your situation. Maybe you should have pretended to 'have just heard about it the other day' and would like to 'find out more about it.' :P Hopefully you'll get the chance sometime in the future. :)

HAGART wrote:I would like to see the finished product too.
And please describe the teacher's blank stare of disbelief and whatever other reactions they have too! :lol:
I love to see teachers squirm in the face of intelligence! 8-)


Oh boy, two people wanting me to post it. No pressure there. :lol: No, it's fine, I'd be happy to once it's done. :) But actually, when I asked my teacher if I could write the essay on lucid dreaming, she got a little excited. She seemed to know exactly what I was talking about. Her exact words were "Yeah, absolutely! That would be a fun and interesting read, and would probably be fun to write in your case. Yeah, as long as it's scientifically backed then you're good. Do it!" I walked out of that class beaming while the other students moped around. :lol:

Vonozar
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Dec 2012 22:51

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Vonozar » 02 Nov 2013 20:29

One thing I forgot to mention (was beyond tired and totally spaced it last night. XD) was that it is supposed to pretty much be facts, facts, facts with very little opinions incorporated into it. The overall goal the teacher had when assigning this essay was to have the class learn how to write a very formal scientific report on something related to human health or psychology since everyone in that class is planning on going into one of those career fields. Unfortunately the essay is supposed to be rather short, no more than 3 pages at the most filled with information from books, credible websites, and academic journals on the subject. Thanks to Rebecca, I know where to look for a lot of those sources. ;)

User avatar
Knife
Posts: 224
Joined: 10 Aug 2013 11:12
Location: Belgium

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Knife » 04 Nov 2013 21:12

Vonozar wrote:
Knife wrote:Lucky you :D
I had to do a presentation about 'something new' so I wanted to do it about lucid dreaming since almost no-one knows about it but the teacher said I really had to invent something myself to develop my creativity :(
If there's anything school don't give you it's creativity...

But anyway, good luck with your essay, post it when it's finished :D


Thanks! That sucks about your situation. Maybe you should have pretended to 'have just heard about it the other day' and would like to 'find out more about it.' :P Hopefully you'll get the chance sometime in the future. :)


Yea that would be great. Now I'm just gonna write something about a better education system so that should be fun too. They should teach lucid dreaming btw.
Inherit the earth

LucidLink
Posts: 405
Joined: 08 Apr 2013 16:48

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby LucidLink » 04 Nov 2013 21:17

Vonozar wrote:One thing I forgot to mention (was beyond tired and totally spaced it last night. XD) was that it is supposed to pretty much be facts, facts, facts with very little opinions incorporated into it. The overall goal the teacher had when assigning this essay was to have the class learn how to write a very formal scientific report on something related to human health or psychology since everyone in that class is planning on going into one of those career fields. Unfortunately the essay is supposed to be rather short, no more than 3 pages at the most filled with information from books, credible websites, and academic journals on the subject. Thanks to Rebecca, I know where to look for a lot of those sources. ;)


You proably are aware of this, but make sure you mention Stephen Leberge, he was the scientist who actually proved through the scientific method that lucid dreaming is a real phemononon and not some made up subjective expereince!

I'd also like to read the paper when your done!
It just the facts Jack!:)

Also the book "Dreams of Awakening" by Charlie Morley has a whole chapter dedicated strictly to the facts and science of lucid dreaming!
[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Vonozar
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Dec 2012 22:51

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Vonozar » 05 Nov 2013 00:54

That could be a fun essay Knife. :) You should put 'lucid dreaming should be taught' in it. See what the teacher says and if it totally catches them off guard resulting in the expression Hagart (and probably the rest of us too. XD) enjoys.

LucidLink, mentioning him is one of my priorities, but I appreciate you mentioning him in case I didn't. And thank you for the book referance! I'll definitely see if the library or any of the stores near me has it. :)

One thing I'm a bit disappointed about is how I cannot use world-of-lucid-dreaming as a 'credible website' because it ends in .com and 'is blog-like'. (Sorry, Rebecca. :/)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3179
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby HAGART » 05 Nov 2013 05:13

Vonozar wrote:I cannot use world-of-lucid-dreaming as a 'credible website' because it ends in .com and 'is blog-like'. (Sorry, Rebecca. :/)


You can't win an argument with hearsay.
Although this is a great forum to learn from, it's not credible for a paper. I agree with that.
You need published sources to back up what you say in your paper.

NOT ALL OF OUR GOSSIP! :lol:

(I only speak of myself. One of Rebecca's articles sounds legit though. I never did like school teachers.......) 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Vonozar
Posts: 236
Joined: 30 Dec 2012 22:51

Re: I get to write an essay on lucid dreaming! :D

Postby Vonozar » 05 Nov 2013 05:43

HAGART wrote:
Vonozar wrote:I cannot use world-of-lucid-dreaming as a 'credible website' because it ends in .com and 'is blog-like'. (Sorry, Rebecca. :/)


You can't win an argument with hearsay.
Although this is a great forum to learn from, it's not credible for a paper. I agree with that.
You need published sources to back up what you say in your paper.

NOT ALL OF OUR GOSSIP! :lol:

(I only speak of myself. One of Rebecca's articles sounds legit though. I never did like school teachers.......) 8-)


Actually, I was taking about Rebecca's website and not the forum. Although I didn't really specify that, so my whoops there. :roll: My teacher said that in order to not be docked points, the website has to end in .gov or .edu so that the source is pretty much guaranteed to be credible. I know Rebecca's website is probably the best out there, but because it unfortunately doesn't meet the requirements my instructor set, I'm not going to use it. I'm not going to risk my GPA on it. I have found a good scholarly journal I'm thinking I'm going to use, unless a better one presents itself, that deals with using lucid dreaming to get rid of nightmares. I am still looking for something that I can quote about how lucid dreaming was originally scientifically proven. I've been bouncing around from website to website and looked in a couple books, but so far I haven't found what I'm looking for yet which surprises me. I've gotten close, but so far noting I can really use. :(

LucidLink, I looked to see if anywhere near where I live has the book you mentioned and unfortunately they don't. Thank you again for the suggestion though, it sounds like something I would have really been able to use had it been in stock. :)


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests