Just registered.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Twister

Just registered.

Postby Twister » 28 Oct 2013 22:21

Hi... I registered about a week ago but I've been using the site for about 6 months now.

So far I've only had about 1 lucid dream, but that's ok. I just started anyway =P

Anyway, I won't reveal my age... I'll only say this... 9001.
I'm in my teens ok

Hope to know you guys and be a regular forum member! :)
The one.

tea

Re: Just registered.

Postby tea » 29 Oct 2013 01:52

hi twister!
good to have you around - and congrats on your first LD! would you like to share it?

btw.. i don't get the '9001' part
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Twister

Postby Twister » 29 Oct 2013 07:48

tea wrote:hi twister!
good to have you around - and congrats on your first LD! would you like to share it?

btw.. i don't get the '9001' part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiMHTK15Pik

Lol, search up over 9000 on YouTube.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure my friends have no clue what lucid dreaming is. Which is a pity, because I could share tips with them.
The one.

tea

Postby tea » 30 Oct 2013 10:36

ah i see, the 'over 9000' joke... now i made the connection. :)

why don't you introduce your friends to LD? it has been discussed here before: getting relatives and friends to lucid dreaming can be very challenging. the most important part is the way how you intruced them to the topic.
i like to ask them: have you ever been dreaming - and then suddenly realized it was a dream? (many people have)
and the second question: what happened then? (standard answer: i woke up)

it's important not to go like: "hey, you have to learn this, this is awesome, if you don't like it you have no idea" etc, because this will scare people away. the key is to guide them into the idea of lucid dreaming without making them feel as if you're trying to sell them something. when their interest comes from within, you got em! :D
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Twister

Postby Twister » 04 Nov 2013 07:37

tea wrote:ah i see, the 'over 9000' joke... now i made the connection. :)

why don't you introduce your friends to LD? it has been discussed here before: getting relatives and friends to lucid dreaming can be very challenging. the most important part is the way how you intruced them to the topic.
i like to ask them: have you ever been dreaming - and then suddenly realized it was a dream? (many people have)

it's important not to go like: "hey, you have to learn this, this is awesome, if you don't like it you have no idea" etc, because this will scare people away. the key is to guide them into the idea of lucid dreaming without making them feel as if you're trying to sell them something. when their interest comes from within, you got em! :D

Sure, I'll try to get them into it.
They would be interested, I suppose. :D Thanks for the suggestion!
The one.

Rebecca
Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Nov 2013 15:38

tea wrote:why don't you introduce your friends to LD? it has been discussed here before: getting relatives and friends to lucid dreaming can be very challenging. the most important part is the way how you intruced them to the topic.

Sound advice tea :D

Return to “Introduce Yourself”