Beginning Techniques

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
amy

Beginning Techniques

Postby amy » 09 Oct 2013 21:33

Ahh! Lucid dreaming is amazing. I'm still working on my first but I love reading about it and I know it'll be amazing to finally have my first LD.

ANYWAY! The point of this topic-- I'm wondering what techniques you guys used to get your first LD. Let me know!:)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

tea

Re: Beginning Techniques

Postby tea » 10 Oct 2013 08:23

although i've had lucid dreams as a little kid (unintentional that is), i only learned about lucid dreaming a few years ago. back then, when i found that topic on the internet, the first thing i tried on the very first night was simple WBTB:
i set my alarm to about 5 hours after i went to bed, woke up at that time, stayed awake for about 30 minutes (looking up lucid dreaming stuff and preparing a digital portfolio i needed the next day) and BAM. it worked!

so, WBTB was the first technique i intentionally tried. http://world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/wake-back-to-bed.html

what have you tried so far?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

chuckeles

Postby chuckeles » 10 Oct 2013 18:00

I would like to know that as well. :) And I'm also trying to get my first lucid dream, it's about 2 and a half month since I started practicing.
Do a reality check.

My fist lucid dream will be awesome!

amy

Postby amy » 13 Oct 2013 00:59

Thank you for sharing, tea!:)

Anybody else?

Random

Postby Random » 14 Oct 2013 16:09

I haven't put any real technique into action yet. I just got into the groove of school, and figure I should get back into the swing of my usually lucid-practices. Reality checks, dream journaling, meditation, the works. I'm probably going to attempt a WBTB for the first time tonight. I don't know how it will go, though. My dream recall is hideous, out of the 5 I've done over the past week, 3 are detailed, one is meh, and one is simply "False awakening" because that's all I could pull out of it.
But non-the-less, I've heard great things about WBTB for beginners, but most of the day-day stuff I do is part of a m.i.l.d. routine.

Marthabello

Postby Marthabello » 16 Oct 2013 18:22

HI : D !

I've tried all of the tecniques already...What do you think is the key to Lucid dreaming?

Thanks !!

tea

Postby tea » 17 Oct 2013 09:40

i think the key is different for everybody, while the door consists of
- enough sleep
- dream recall
- and to be engaged in the topic of lucid dreaming (like for example: reality checks, meditation, etc)

you said you've tried all of the techniques - this sounds a little rushed. on the other hand: i don't know for how long you're trying, so maybe you're doing it well.
sooo... can you name the techniques you have tried so far, tell us for how long you've been doing each and also how your dream-recall is?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Shibby30

Postby Shibby30 » 20 Oct 2013 04:19

Not to sound too discouraging but there are several techniques I have tried to actualize in practice, for example: meditation and a practice of inner psychological inquiry. Meditation has taken me 10 years of tweaking and getting it wrong to finally get consistent results. The inquiry practice has taken five years and over a dozen books to finally be able to do in my life consistently.
The point is that some paths such as lucid dreaming where we are playing with our consciousness can take a long time to actualize and endless experimenting. It is a great step to experience one's initial LD, but it is more important to be able to have them consistently. I feel that this will be like my meditation journey. It'll take years of experimenting and tweaking things, but eventually it will click. It's something to discover after much perseverance.
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

Archvenom

Postby Archvenom » 24 Oct 2013 03:33

My first LD since I started practicing came via DILD. Since then they've pretty much been via DEILD and one WBTB.

mondmadlin

Postby mondmadlin » 05 Nov 2013 23:00

Well, I tried MILD and on the first night I had a lucid dream... :)

Return to “For Beginners”