polyphasic sleep and dream hacking

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.

polyphasic sleep and dream hacking

Postby joumaamhd » 13 Aug 2013 20:10

I just discovered an interesting stuff on the web called polyphasic sleep :O a way that allows you to shrink your sleep duration to 2h or more, by reducing or eliminating the NREM sleep because it's "useless" and doesn't have any effect or advantage on body and mind, sleep effects only happen in REM-sleep... But there are many contradictory information and opinions about it...
does anybody know anything about it? is it true that deep sleep stages are useless?

And, it's something related to "brain hacking"... does anybody know what is "brain hacking" about? :?

Re: polyphasic sleep and dream hacking

Postby Jacob46719 » 13 Aug 2013 20:39

idk, but I want that.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Son Of Somnus

Postby Son Of Somnus » 26 Aug 2013 13:54

Can you link the website?
Am I dreaming? Is this a dream?
The next time I am dreaming, I will realise that I am dreaming.

Postby Kman43759 » 06 Nov 2013 01:47

Thats not true cause think of it, no matter WHAT stage of sleep you are in, you are still getting rest... even if your not sleeping and your just laying there with your eyes closed, you are still getting rest
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)

Postby mikeg313 » 06 Nov 2013 05:56

I do what I call efficient sleeping. I work physically hard and in heat of 90F. But sleep I truly hate as life is too short. So I sleep about 4 hours everyday. When I lay down I drop into a deep sleep immediately and 4 hours is enough. I never used to be like this. Before, I needed 10 hours of sleep.

Postby Peter » 06 Nov 2013 07:35

All the states are natural and needed. Hacking them works but at cost and be very careful. Point being if you mismanage this one you may find yourself instantly asleep while driving or some such thing.
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “Dream Science”