Dreaming for information

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Knife

Re: Dreaming for information

Postby Knife » 04 Nov 2013 20:44

Why would your subconscious know these things?
Inherit the earth

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 04 Nov 2013 20:57

Knife wrote:Why would your subconscious know these things?

Yes, i know that. It can't. It's just an experience. Just to see what happens, having a little fun. The point here is just the fact that i asked for a 5-digit number and my subconscious gives me all kinds of answers but the one i asked. Well, the closest one was 34567, but i wanted to see a more random number.

It's like, if i ask the dream to show me a red Ferrari car and then it shows me a chair, a blue Fiat with a pink ribbon or a recipe for chocolate mousse. :D

Knife

Postby Knife » 04 Nov 2013 21:01

Why would your subconscious know lottery numbers?
Inherit the earth

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 04 Nov 2013 21:03

Time isn't linear, in the lucid state it is quite easy for our subcontious to acsess future information.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Knife

Postby Knife » 04 Nov 2013 21:28

LucidLink wrote:

Time isn't linear, in the lucid state it is quite easy for our subcontious to acsess future information.

Hmm I'm not going to discuss wether time is linear/isn't linear but I would be surprised if this would work.
Isn't the subconscious filled with things we couldn't store in our conscious mind? How are the numbers stored there?
Inherit the earth

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Nov 2013 01:34

Knife wrote:Why would your subconscious know lottery numbers?

I think for a lot of people it's just a bit of fun. They don't expect it to work usually. I personally don't believe there is a way your subconscious could know, it's just something to try and see what happens. How the dream responds to your request. It sounds like a lot of people follow this mindset and just do it as a "It probably won't work, but hey why not. It could be fun" type of thing. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and there is a way. ;)

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 05 Nov 2013 10:27

Vonozar wrote:I think for a lot of people it's just a bit of fun. They don't expect it to work usually. I personally don't believe there is a way your subconscious could know, it's just something to try and see what happens. How the dream responds to your request. It sounds like a lot of people follow this mindset and just do it as a "It probably won't work, but hey why not. It could be fun" type of thing. But who knows, maybe I'm wrong and there is a way. ;)

Exactly my point. 100%. ;)

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 06 Nov 2013 05:05

There is a well documented case of a women winning the lottery twice in America, she got the numbers from the dreams.

It's possible, believe it or not.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2013 12:41

First, how can the subconscious have access to information about something that hasn't happened yet? As far as we can tell, time seems to flow one way.

Second, the women with the winning lottery tickets. It could still be a coincidental fluke and not necessarily related to her dreams. She is only one in billions of dreams who never win. In fact, if a coincidental case like hers never happened, then it would be odd.

When the odds are overwhelmingly against someone winning, it does not make it impossible for them to win

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 06 Nov 2013 13:04

Summerlander wrote:First, how can the subconscious have access to information about something that hasn't happened yet? As far as we can tell, time seems to flow one way.

Second, the women with the winning lottery tickets. It could still be a coincidental fluke and not necessarily related to her dreams. She is only one in billions of dreams who never win. In fact, if a coincidental case like hers never happened, then it would be odd.

When the odds are overwhelmingly against someone winning, it does not make it impossible for them to win

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Your right, I've never done it personally either so who knows.

But me personally, I don't believe in "concinceadences":)

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”