Dreaming for information

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Re: Dreaming for information

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2013 20:25

LucidLink wrote:But me personally, I don't believe in "concinceadences":)

Fair enough. I am the complete opposite. I totally buy into coincidences...especially meaningless ones which are often assigned some sort of meaning by human beings.

To me, the universe is nothing but an ongoing explosion encompassing random events. Such events are conveyed by physical elements and forces which are causally related in nature. Example: This never happened, but, if I'd had a sneezing fit whilst making love to my wife about a decade ago, the sperm cell that sowed my son's existence might not have had a chance.

To dismiss coincidence is to imply that events are preordained by an intelligence. The reasons for occurrences in the universe are natural and do not require an intelligence behind it. You may reject this claim, and, if you do, you must believe in some sort of ultimate goal, a divine or providential entelechy if you will.

Before you throw evolution into the mix, let me point out that things don't always get better. In fact, they often get worse. Anatomies aren't perfect, evolution can take the wrong route (this is the case with humans as well as other species), species can go extinct, natural catastrophes are impersonal/indifferent to living things, etc. etc.

If we are to look back at our history, that of our prehistoric ancestors, and our extinct cousin primates, too, and still presume some sort of intelligent plan behind the nature of reality - with all its haps and mishaps - we can't help but exclaim: Some clumsy, relenting, and inconsiderate plan it has turned out to be! Where is it going? Perfection? Doubtful.

And what about the coincidental happenings that are supposed to have some kind of meaning? What are they for? Signs? Couldn't the intelligent providence find another means of communication that is clearer and less, erm, riddle-like? Something immune to scepticism and which would remove all shadow of a doubt, perhaps? Why are so-called "revelations" usually consigned to chosen individuals who then require others, who have not received any message, to blindly and compulsorily believe?

Why restrict revelation to a messenger when all could receive it? And how does one reconcile a universe where coincidences do not exist with the absence of a prime mover or architect (if, indeed, this is your position). Unless, of course, you believe in a Providence, God, or deity. If so, if it is intelligent, it must be malicious, capricious, and up to mind games with its little sentient creations. If it is none of those things, it cannot be intelligent given what we see and have seen around us - certainly not very coherent if indeed there is no such thing as coincidence.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

radicaldreamer

Re: Dreaming for information

Postby radicaldreamer » 10 Nov 2013 09:44

Knife wrote:Why would your subconscious know lottery numbers?

:lol: The reason I decided to look into my dreams for numbers, is only because I am terrible at randomly picking numbers, and I figured my subconscious would do a much better job than I would.

I noticed some people saying that time isn't linear and we may access information from future happenings, and I do believe in this as well. In a dream I met my friend's mom's roommate's future fiance, and she introduced herself as "John's friend". A few years later John met her when he moved to a neighboring city, and I immediately recognized her as being from that dream.

I also have deja vu pretty often.

Someone asked that I post an update if the number 56 yields anything, and tonight I have encountered the number 56 in the form of an address to a home that my wife entered a raffle for. I'm not sure when the raffle takes place but that would be pretty nice.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”