A great book was just released!

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
LucidLink

A great book was just released!

Postby LucidLink » 04 Nov 2013 21:11

Hi everybody, so I've been a pretty avid lucid dreamer, besides my own experiences first hand, I like to read about everything related to dreams in general.

The problem is, with my expereince, their isnt many books worth my reading at this point. Most lucid dream books are focused towerds beginners and becoming lucid, but just a couple days ago, the author "Charlie Morley" released a book that I think every serious lucid dreamer should read.

This book, compares to Robert Waggoners book "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self", which I personally considered Robert Waggoners book the best book on lucid dreaming out there!

But now there is finally another book, that matches the awesomeness of Robert Waggoners book, and Robert Waggoner even read it, and made a very positive comment about it.

It's called "Dreams of Awakening: Lucid Dreaming and mindfulness of Dream and Sleep". It just came in the mail today, and I havnt even finished the first chapter, but I am already awe struck!

I highly reccomend this book to you all, and Rebecca actually did two different interviews with this author that you can read on her main site. The second interveiw was all about the book itself, so if you want a second opinion, check out Rebecca's article!

So yeah, get the book!!:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Re: A great book was just released!

Postby Summerlander » 05 Nov 2013 17:05

It sounds great! I'm going to check it out right now. Anything about lucid dreaming interests me. I liked waggoner's book, too! ;-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 06 Nov 2013 13:13

Summerlander wrote:It sounds great! I'm going to check it out right now. Anything about lucid dreaming interests me. I liked waggoner's book, too! ;-)

I'm glad someone is interested! I think you'd enjoy it, there's even a couple things I'd like to discuss with you about it if you end up reading it, so let me know:)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Nov 2013 20:39

Will do.

I still have about 6 books to read and one of them is about 750 pages long! LOL! So you may read Morley's book before me. If you find anything interesting in the book, do mention it here in the mean time. I'll be happy to discuss it. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Nov 2013 14:36

Summerlander wrote:Will do.

I still have about 6 books to read and one of them is about 750 pages long! LOL! So you may read Morley's book before me. If you find anything interesting in the book, do mention it here in the mean time. I'll be happy to discuss it. ;)

could u plz mention ur book collection about LD..
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 30 Nov 2013 12:17

The six books I'm yet to read are not about lucid dreaming. (They're about politics, history, science, religion, and just facts about the world in general.)

But I can list the books about lucid dreaming which I currently possess and have read:

"The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" - Michael Raduga
"Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" - Robert Waggoner
"The Art of Dreaming" - Carlos Castaneda
"The Projection of the Astral Body" - Sylvan Muldoon & Hereward Carrington
"Lucid Dreaming" - Stephen LaBerge
"Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming" - Stephen LaBerge & Howard Rheingold
"Lucid Dreaming: The Paradox of Consciousness During Sleep" - Celia Green and Charles McCreery
"Lucid Dreaming: Accessing Your Inner Virtual Realities" - Paul & Charla Devereux

I have other books about dreaming and mind games which may briefly touch upon the subject of lucid dreaming. There is also one called "DMT The Spirit Molecule" by Rick Strassman. (This one documents experiments with DMT and reports of hallucinatory experiences. Endogenous DMT could indeed not only play a role in dreams and lucid dreams but also our perception of reality while we're awake.

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2013 14:58

Thanks Summerlander, that was very helpful :D
I see the Truth now.

Return to “Off-Topic”