My Intro :)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
LucidPotter

My Intro :)

Postby LucidPotter » 02 Jan 2012 22:55

Hi everyone :) I'm Laura, and I am 14. I have been interested in LDs for a while now. My enthusiasm is usually short lived and I give it my all but I never achieve any results so I almost always give up. I have only had 2 LDs (if you can actually call them that!) before. My first was last summer. I was in a railway station and I had lost my suitcase (quite typical of me really :lol: ). My train was due to leave any second and I thought to myself, if this was a LD, I would be able to imagine it to appear right in front of me! And then i was like...hold on a minuet! This is a dream!!! And then everything was so clear,just like real life. But then, again quite typically of myself, I got really excited and lost it :cry: . My second one wasn't as clear but I do remember being in a garage, with my family, and then Katy Perry somehow turned up (????!!!) and I was like "I'm Dreaming ^_^", and I remember hugging her and asking her something, but then I lost lucidity and...yah. Anyways :D ... I am really trying to give it my all this time, and I am determined not to quit. I am doing reality checks and for the first time tonight, I am using the Subliminal videos provided on this site!! It looks quite promising so wish me luck in my quest for lucidity..lol...:)
Last edited by LucidPotter on 02 Jan 2012 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

lucidinthe sky

Re: My Intro :)

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Jan 2012 23:34

Welcome to the group. It's great to see so many young people getting into lucid dreaming.

I've just had a string of successes after more than 2 years of interest, but not much effort until recently. For most of us, we have to work at it and really commit yourself to get results. I've had at least one LD a week for the past month, but I'm still working hard on it. What an amazing thing, would have worked a lot harder had I known what it was like. There's nothing like it when you realize you are in a dream and the video/reality switch flips to video to reality. It's like walking through a curtain into another world. I would recommend working with the WILD method and also I think reality checks are really important in part because they teach you to believe that at any time you could be dreaming. This belief was essential for me because dreams are more real than I thought. I didn't take reality checks seriously until I had 2 dreams where I was in these frustrating situations where you can't make anything work. In one I kept trying to make a call on one cell phone after another, none of which would work. A man steps up to me and suggests that it might be a dream but instead of listening, I tell him it's not and I'm sure its waking reality and I know how to tell the difference. It's just amazing.

Good luck and let us know your progress.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

LucidPotter

Postby LucidPotter » 02 Jan 2012 23:50

lucidinthe sky wrote:
I would recommend working with the WILD method and also I think reality checks are really important in part because they teach you to believe that at any time you could be dreaming.

Thanks for your reply :) I forgot to mention that I did once try WILD but it never gave me any results. Perhaps I should try again sometime soon. I do try to remember to do reality checks but I still feel like I'm not being consistent enough, again, I will do my best to remember :) I will definitely keep on using this forum, and I will update when I finally get to have some LDs :D . It's nice to hear from people who are already successful Lucid dreamers, it's sort of an incentive to keep at it.
"Of course it's been happening inside your head,Harry, but why on earth would that mean that it is not real?" {Albus Dumbledore}.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 03 Jan 2012 00:34

On reality checks: I would recommend looking at your hands, I do this 10-20 times a day. This was suggested to me and it really worked for me. I posted on this in the lucid dream techniques section. Many people are not good at creating normal looking hands in a dream and it's pretty obvious if you are one of those people.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 01:10

It's nice that someone kinda my age is into being lucid, no one I know is really interested, my girl friend likes to share her dreams but is too lazy to write them down lol. Good luck and all that, where's that subliminal video you mentioned?

metalsnake27

Postby metalsnake27 » 03 Jan 2012 03:02

Hi and welcome :D

LucidPotter

Postby LucidPotter » 03 Jan 2012 13:37

Swimming Bird wrote:where's that subliminal video you mentioned?

Here's a link: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/videos/lucid-dreaming-subliminal-video.html

I tried it last night but unfortunately, nothing happened :( Though it does say, keep doing it for at least a week, so I'm going to keep trying.
"Of course it's been happening inside your head,Harry, but why on earth would that mean that it is not real?" {Albus Dumbledore}.

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 21:33

I found it a bit after seeing this post. Didn't do a thing haha, I don't think NLP and Flash hypnosis is all that effective for something like this honestly, It might just put it in your mind so that you remember lucid dreaming.

Return to “For Beginners”