Isochronic tones

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
erichsa

Isochronic tones

Postby erichsa » 03 Nov 2013 15:54

The latest seems to be Isochronic tones. I would like to try them, A lot are on offer and I don't know which one I should try. Who can advise? :)

Magenta

Re: Isochronic tones

Postby Magenta » 07 Nov 2013 13:11

I own the ones Rebecca reviewed, and am unsure as to how well they're working for me. Given that they have that money-back guarantee, though, and that I'm still new to LD and not sure I'm doing things right, that could partly be my fault.

Still, I've tried focusing on the sound and imagining something, and then switching over to focusing on the hypnagogia over and over and over and over again over the past couple of months, and only very rarely to I become lucid at all - and I'm still waking up withing half a minute usually. I have the most absurd vivid dreams(almost always with a school theme for some reason,) and yet despite this I almost never become lucid.

In short: they might work really well, but I'll need to know what I'm doing wrong in order to give much advice on just how effective they can *really* be. :?

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 07 Nov 2013 14:53

Magenta wrote:I own the ones Rebecca reviewed, and am unsure as to how well they're working for me. Given that they have that money-back guarantee, though, and that I'm still new to LD and not sure I'm doing things right, that could partly be my fault.

Still, I've tried focusing on the sound and imagining something, and then switching over to focusing on the hypnagogia over and over and over and over again over the past couple of months, and only very rarely to I become lucid at all - and I'm still waking up withing half a minute usually. I have the most absurd vivid dreams(almost always with a school theme for some reason,) and yet despite this I almost never become lucid.

In short: they might work really well, but I'll need to know what I'm doing wrong in order to give much advice on just how effective they can *really* be. :?

Isochronic tones aren't some instant lucid dream inducer. They simpily aid the mind in meditation, and meditation can be used to do a lot of things like induce lucid dreams.

I use them myself, they highly aid my mediation. It's like taking my weak meditation and making it 5 times stronger so my mediation is more equal to a professional mediation like something yogis would do!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Magenta

Postby Magenta » 07 Nov 2013 19:39

I know they're not meant to instantly cause an LD, but what I'm asking is how exactly one uses them. Can you give a specific example of how they can be used to induce an LD(or make one more likely?) I think I just am misunderstanding how to use them at bedtime.

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 07 Nov 2013 22:46

Well for instance before bed I meditate with them, and I meditate on becoming lucid. And that night ill have a lucid dream!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Magenta

Postby Magenta » 07 Nov 2013 22:56

Yeah. I leave them playing during bedtime and fall asleep focusing on their sound, and try to visualize the dream I might want(or at least focus on the fact that I intend to become lucid.) However, I've been doing as you suggest for about two months, and haven't had a very impressive rate of LDs per week yet. I feel like there must be some subtle part of this meditation process I'm missing out on when I read suggestions about it.

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”