I fall asleep too quickly

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Shibby30

I fall asleep too quickly

Postby Shibby30 » 05 Nov 2013 04:43

I haven't been able to have any success for weeks because I fall asleep quickly every night. I cannot sustain any sort of technique or intention because of this fact. But I sleep well and I'm not about to do any techniques that compromise my sleep. Sometimes I wonder if I should just forget lucid dreaming and keep the dream journaling going and the Jungian work.
theinnerroad.blogspot.com

DeltaV

Re: I fall asleep too quickly

Postby DeltaV » 05 Nov 2013 17:14

Eh. I don't think that falling asleep quickly is a bad thing. I really wish I did, it'd probably help with my WILD attempts. I recommend going to bed early, as you are probably less tired then, and therefore will fall asleep slower than usual.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

Zivojin Bojic

Postby Zivojin Bojic » 06 Nov 2013 10:23

Shibby30 wrote:I haven't been able to have any success for weeks because I fall asleep quickly every night. I cannot sustain any sort of technique or intention because of this fact. But I sleep well and I'm not about to do any techniques that compromise my sleep. Sometimes I wonder if I should just forget lucid dreaming and keep the dream journaling going and the Jungian work.

Look,dont abandon lucid dreaming,it would be a mistake,im not an expert of any sort and i dont want to lecture you,i just want to share my expirience.Last night i had my first LD.Before that i was like you,falling asleep quickly and i couldnt sustain any technique at that time,so look what happened:I was tired for 2 days now because i didnt have much sleep.So for some strange reason yesterday i decided to go to bed earlyer ,at 21:00.That is realy early for me because sometimes i stay up until 2 am or even 3.(im 14 btw.) Anyway,i tried to do the total relaxation before i fell asleep,tried to relax my body by imagining it dissapear into the bed and all,but i lost focus too fast and my mind started to imagine many things so i eventualy fell asleep.Then it happened,i had my LD,it would be too long if i shared whole of it now,but anyway,it was triggered by a reality check,i managed to push my fingers through my palm on other hand and then i took controll.The strangest thing for me was that the dream didnt happen after 8 or 10 or 5 or 6 hours of sleep.Actualy it happened after 3.5...at 00:30...I was little worried because of that but never mind now.The thing is,going to bed much earlyer proved succesfull to me,and i didnt even finish any of techniques last night.So i agree with DeltaV,you could try going to bed earlyer :)
Ps.Sory for bad english if you couldnt undrestand me at some point.
PPs.Reality checks seem to be also one of the best aids there are to lucid dream,my opinion.
Never loose hope,never loose faith!
Had my first LD when i last excpected to have it ;)

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 07 Nov 2013 04:22

I have the same problem, falling asleep too quickly, and I sleep too... deep? I don't know. But I have a little contingency about going to bed early.... we live in a new house that has no beds, so my whole family and I sleep on the floor in the same room.

...... Weird, huh.

I won't explain every little detail, but I need help, is there an alternative method, like, more reality checks? Any help would be appreciated :)

P.S. I'm 15 :)

P.S.S. I have not been on this site in about a year; good to be back! And still haven't had one lucid dream! Life is good! Mother bucker...
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Nov 2013 04:50

When you say, 'fall asleep too quickly', is that right when you go to bed or AFTER you wake up in the night and return to bed? (WBTB).

It's best to attempt any lucid dream method after waking up in the night and going back to sleep. I know from experience and I don't dream much until the final hours in the morning anyway, between the first period of sleep, and before REM kicks in. But damn, I can sometimes be more awake at 4 a.m. than 9 a.m. and it can take an hour sometimes to go to sleep. (I feel more groggy after dreams in the morning than middle of the night for some reason). If you are doing WBTB, try splashing some cold water in your face in the bathroom before going back to sleep to stun your body awake and make you alert.

I've also had a few restless, dreamless sleeps in the past and know that REM rebound will come back and you get a ton of vivid dreams when you finally sleep well again. And if I go to bed early and tired enough, I can get a lucid dream right away. (Just a fluke). It's sort of like a lucid nap before the deep sleep hits. Or, I wake back to bed much earlier and my REM start earlier, and that's what happened to Zivojin Bojic in my opinion. Lucid dreams in the dead of night are the best ones. So a slight bit of sleep deprivation followed by an early night's sleep can help a lot. It's worth a try as long as you don't over do it.

And I remember KungFuPanther... it's been less than a year, I'm sure.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 07 Nov 2013 23:56

HAGART MA MAN! Good to see you again :D

I go to sleep to fast when trying anything, WILD, WBTB, MILD, anything.

Okay, I'll try that, and I'm still having problems... with that... damn dream journal... But I'll work on that!

So, not really go to bed earlier, but wake up in the middle of the night earlier? I think I got that.

It could be less than a year, I have a terrible concept of time lol :)
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Return to “For Beginners”