Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
torakrubik

Re: Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

Postby torakrubik » 06 Nov 2013 02:25

Spiritual exploration. Lucid dreaming provides a mental exercise, a wealth of information and allows analysis of potential bijections to waking reality. And, of course, it's the most thrilling thing a human can possibly experience IMHO. I'm 18.
Dreaming is my drug

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 06 Nov 2013 05:49

I'm 16. Personal desire to shapeshift into my favorite form.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 06 Nov 2013 09:18

I have two main reasons that tie for first place as to why I would learn to lucid dream. My first reason was the possibility to escape from the constant pain that is with me in the waking world and go back to feeling normal again. Thankfully that's how I am in dreams. Normal. So that was a huge draw, especially after a particularly hard day.

The second reason is to be able to explore my subconscious mind and learn more about myself, mature faster, revisit old memories, and take advantage of all the other astounding possibilities this offers.

After those two, wish fulfillment would be most important. I mean come on, who wouldn't want that? :) .

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 06 Nov 2013 09:19

Oh, forgot to mention. I'm 20. :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 06 Nov 2013 18:42

Through out my life I had a good dream recall, and realised that the dreams had a message, but which I did not understand. In my physical life I studied the fourth way and do understand that I am most of the time fast asleep. My aim was and still is to be more aware now, and I can say for that reason I enjoyed many of my dreams, but that was it. 2011 my neighbour gave me a book on lucid dreaming and that was my start to practice in earnest dreaming. My aim is to go as far as I still can in my present life, and I lean heavily on William Buhlman, but keep an open mind. My dreams by now are great, I am having a lot of fun, flying, good chats with my many dead and alive friends, great parties, lots of singing and music, and also a lot of dreams with hints. I keeping at it gently but persistent, and I am happy with my progress.
I am for the next few days still 81. :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 07 Nov 2013 01:34

Lucid dreaming is the ultimate vacation.
And what do vacations do?
They allow us to escape from our everyday lives temporarily, and come back refreshed with stories to tell of our adventures. It's a great stress reliever. I also learn something new each time, but it's still all about fun because I find the learning and insights I get fun too.

A regular dream is a form of escape as well. A regular dream is like being in the back seat of a long, family road trip, not driving, and passively staring out the window. But becoming lucid is like when the car arrives at Disney Land! You can then go on all the rides, eat as much cotton candy as you want, or talk to Mickey Mouse and ask yourself, "I wonder who the true person is behind the costume....." :ugeek: (Deep thoughts are fun to me).

(Or just kick him in the shin and run away like a five year old!) :lol:
I outgrew that though. :roll:

(34 years young)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

angledream

Postby angledream » 07 Nov 2013 09:32

to make more friends
Wedding Dress Discount,Custom,Wholesale,Online Sales,Brides,Bridesmaid,Evening,Birthday,Holiday,Graduation, Cocktail Dress.http://www.weddingdressbbs.com/wedding-dress-c-540.html

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 07 Nov 2013 11:58

angledream you are on the wrong website if you hope to sell weeding dresses. I read your post as spam. Come back without your advertising, and you will be welcome. :)

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Nov 2013 03:22

I'm 18
My first reason for pursuing lucid dreaming is to have mind-blowing adventures. Most of them include fighting and killing hostile dream entities, video game style.
The second reason is to become best friends with characters I could never meet in real life, due to them existing in fiction.
The summary is I just pursue lucid dreaming to escape reality and enjoy myself without limits or worries 8-)
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Nov 2013 18:16

[quote][/quote]Postby Guitar48300 » 08 Nov 2013 03:22

I'm 18
My first reason for pursuing lucid dreaming is to have mind-blowing adventures. Most of them include fighting and killing hostile dream entities, video game style

Is killing such fun?
I did not think so 1945 and the thought of killing whatever it is lets me think we as so called humans still have a long way to go. Yes have a good fight, but why kill? Are you prepared to die for your country? Not me. I like people to much. :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”