Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
tea

Re: Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

Postby tea » 08 Nov 2013 18:29

erichsa, i think the important difference here is the perspective on 'killing'.
Guitar mentioned 'video game style' which -to me- is no real killing but rather an expression of energy (anger for example).
i do understand adult people's view on fighting-video games, but in my opinion they can't but relate to real life - while young people can distinguish between video games and actual violence (as long as they are healthy of course)

i, for example, enjoy all kinds of video games - from super mario to call of duty. and in general, i'm a very calm, non-violent person. so, although i like killing digital enemies, i can't stand real violence.

as for dreaming: i only dreamt of fighting once, and it was like a video game - and big fun!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Nov 2013 20:59

[quote="tea"]erichsa, i think the important difference here is the perspective on 'killing'.
Guitar mentioned 'video game style' which -to me- is no real killing but rather an expression of energy (anger for example).

"tea" I had a long post why I don't like killing even in games, but it disappeared. I am 60 plus years ahead of most of our members, and to make it short" What a time it has been". It all appears in my dreams, and one of the reasons why I pursue lucid dreaming's is that I have such a lot of fun in my dreams. :)
Last edited by erichsa on 09 Nov 2013 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 09 Nov 2013 05:42

[quote="tea"]
[quote]
Yeah it pretty much is. The reason I say video game style is because the way I want to kill DC's isn't as detailed as people would think. So say I charge at a DC with a sword. When I hit it, I don't really want blood and gore(though I do enjoy some gruesome games), but instead I just hit it and it grunts and flinches in pain, collapses or just disappear, like final fantasy or kingdom hearts. But as fun as that sounds, I am not a violent person in reality either.
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

butter

Postby butter » 09 Nov 2013 13:22

I find the dream world very interesting and after i read some descriptions about lucid dreams i think they're fascinating!
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 09 Nov 2013 17:10

And what is your age? :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 09 Nov 2013 17:42

Guitar48300 wrote:
tea wrote:Guitar mentioned 'video game style' which -to me- is no real killing but rather an expression of energy (anger for example).
Yeah it pretty much is. The reason I say video game style is because the way I want to kill DC's isn't as detailed as people would think. So say I charge at a DC with a sword. When I hit it, I don't really want blood and gore(though I do enjoy some gruesome games), but instead I just hit it and it grunts and flinches in pain, collapses or just disappear, like final fantasy or kingdom hearts. But as fun as that sounds, I am not a violent person in reality either.

My apologies we are having a generation gap. Playing video games seems a good way to discharge anger and frustration. Enjoy your games. :)

tea

Postby tea » 09 Nov 2013 20:46

erichsa wrote:And what is your age? :)

16, he mentions it here: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13940

erichsa wrote:My apologies we are having a generation gap. Playing video games seems a good way to discharge anger and frustration. Enjoy your games. :)

no big deal :)
nice to see people on the internet who are open minded and accept different perspectives :)
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Nov 2013 23:53

That's what this whole point was.
Does our age and maturity effect why we pursue lucid dreams and what we choose to do in them?

In my post with the Disney Land analogy I mentioned that I use to 'kick Mickey Mouse in the shins'. I use to mess around with dream characters and treat it like a video game too. Then I started to question them and see how they respond, and I got deeper with it all instead of treating it like fun and games.

But I still like to kick Mickey in the shin sometimes! ;)
(34 in real life.... a child/teenager in my lucid dreams.)

Another reason to pursue lucid dreams: To be a child again filled with curiousness and wonder.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 10 Nov 2013 02:07

Why I pursue lucid dreams?

I keep asking this girl to go out with me. her response is always, "In your dreams."

And I'm like, "HELL YEAH!"

lol No really, I do it for so many reasons that cannot be captured in words, so I'll just say that everyone has a hobby.

And all my life I've wanted to be a super hero and save someone.

Maybe spiderman or deadpool.... or that panther thing I came up with....
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 13 Nov 2013 00:53

Hi Rebecca :D

Weirdly I actually first heard of LD's early july this year but didn't really get into it until around the end of august which unfortunately was when my school started back up...

I love to do this because I want to learn more about myself and I just want a different reality, I want to really know who I really am and what I'm capable of thinking and/or achieving. I just hate getting up and having to face a full day of reality before sinking away to my dreams again. I'm 16 btw:D I've had around 5-6 LD's since I really started focusing on it, which was just over a month ago :D

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”