I keep becoming semi-lucid without training

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

I keep becoming semi-lucid without training

Postby Juggernaut625 » 08 Nov 2013 21:55

Hi, I'm sure some of you would of seen my posts a month or so ago, well since my school started again and I've just finished my exams, I am so happy to think that soon I'll be able to start focusing on LD a bit more again.

So basically, and I know this sounds crazy, but every 1 in 4 dreams I will always be aware that what I'm doing isn't real. I'll always question myself, like is this real, this doesn't feel right or I shouldn't be here. I know this means I'm semi-lucid, but is this normal since I haven't been doing reality checks, dream journals etc? It's amazing for me to think that without proper work I'm able to become semi-lucid.
It's strange for me though, because last night I woke up and I can still remember telling myself I had 6-7 dreams, I just cannot remember them for the life of me.

My main question, is this normal? Are any of you like this? If so, speak out!

Re: I keep becoming semi-lucid without training

Postby tea » 09 Nov 2013 20:42

this doesn't sound crazy at all!
of course it's possible to become semi-lucid (and of course lucid in general) without training. many people do occasionaly experience lucid dreaming without knowing that it's a thing. and thus without any training.

what does this mean for you?
well, be happy! it seems like you're having an easy time becoming lucid - that's awesome!
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Re: I keep becoming semi-lucid without training

Postby HAGART » 10 Nov 2013 03:29

I don't train at all and it came naturally.
But then again, I do think about and record my dreams often. Perhaps the practices I do, are done for fun, so it doesn't seem like 'training'.

I don't lucid dream every night though. I had a bad sleep last night and only remember a few fragments. It happens to anyone.

If you fall in love with dreams, there is no training necessary and you're bound to be lucid eventually. I don't mean just reading about dreams and lucid dreaming techniques, but quite simply, remembering your own personal dreams. Eventually, you will become so familiar with them you will just know the feeling when you're there sometimes.

(In my opinion of course, and that was my story).
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

Return to “For Beginners”