I may have achieved WILD before...

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
KungFuPanther

I may have achieved WILD before...

Postby KungFuPanther » 10 Nov 2013 02:32

So, earlier today I was thinking about getting a dream journal going for good,( I have always had trouble with it.) but then I remembered something planted deep in my mind. Something from my childhood....

I was about 6,7, or 8. I saw the movie for the first time, it was called "The Adventures of Sharkboy And Lavagirl." Looking back on the movie I think it's horribly childish, but at the time, I loved it. It's basically like Inception for kids. I'll give it too you in a nutshell.

A young boy named Max (who was also about 6,7 or 8) is a lucid dreamer. In his dreams, he created numerous planets and fairy tale lands, and while doing so he accidentally made villains for each one. So, he created 2 DC (Dream Characters) to keep the worlds safe, calling them Sharkboy and Lavagirl. He even made a whole back story for them. Anyway, in his waking hours he wrote down all his dreams in a dream journal (which is what triggered my memory) and this stupid stereotypical bully is always trying to steal it and destroy it. One day, the bully succeeds, and writes himself into the dream journal, and returns it to Max. his name is Linus, but he writes himself in as a super villain called Minus. (Lame, right?) anyway, Max falls asleep in class and realizes that his Dreamworld is corroding, Courtesy of Minus and his School Teacher. Sharkboy and Lavagirl need his help to save it. Max also finds that the darkness that has overcome his dreams is also taking over the real world.

Anyway, as he is trying to save it and fails tremendously, Max figures out that "The only way to save both worlds is to dream" (Dear God it was horrible) and somehow "Dream with your eyes wide open" Which I can only interpret as conscious dreaming aka Lucid dreaming. When he does he can have any power imaginable and saves both worlds.

So as a little boy I thought that was cool. And I was really bored the next day, and my parents were... elsewhere I guess. Can't remember. Anyway, I remembered this, and I was like, "I can dream too!" So I layed myself on the couch and closed my eyes, and told myself to Dream. After much concentration (30 seconds or so) I found that I was asleep, and dreaming Lucid. I threw a paper airplane (which my childhood was infested with) and could control any direction it flew in by the Force or something. I woke up I was so shocked, but continued doing this for about 2 weeks. I then totally forgot about this because Spider-man 2 was coming out I think.

But if it was that easy and I didn't even know what I was doing, how could it be so hard now? perhaps I'm just not as confident as then?

Thanks for listening to my rant :)
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Goldkoron

Re: I may have achieved WILD before...

Postby Goldkoron » 10 Nov 2013 03:04

This is very interesting, I have heard many stories about kids doing WILD easily, I guess it is a natural talent for only kids.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 10 Nov 2013 04:08

Kids must have something adults don't have.
(or MAYBE it's us who grow up that gain something that hinders this ability, and we need to lose it again)

It's a known fact that children are ready to imagine vividly at a moment's notice and that goes away with time and with more logical, adult thoughts as we grow up and become more self conscious.

What you described sounds a little like a lucid dream, or at least a vivid trance or daydream. It was so easy back then. Why is is hard now? Was there less on our mind's back then? Without much else to think about, it should come more naturally and anyone who talks about meditation says the same thing. Clear the mind of the daily stress we are preoccupied with and you're left with nothing else to focus on but internal self and dreams. We as children were already there most of the time.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 10 Nov 2013 15:06

Yes, I think that it is easier for us to imagine when we're kids. But last night I came the closest to.... being a kid again I guess!

It's not proper to talk about on this thread, so I start a new one later (hint: it's about my FIRST REAL LUCID DREAM!)

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 10 Nov 2013 20:46

I think as adults, we are discouraged from using our imagination, but it is still there and can be very active just like a child's. As adults, there are things you can do to work on stimulating your imagination when it is not as natural. It really does help with lucid dreaming and dreaming in general. I have always had an active, great imagination and try to avoid inhibiting it. It's not easy in our logical world as Roger Hodgson from the group Supertramp wrote:

"When I was young, it seemed that life was so wonderful,
a miracle, oh it was beautiful, magical
And all the birds in the trees, well they'd be singing so happily,
joyfully, oh, playfully, watching me
But then they send me away to teach me how to be sensible,
logical, oh, responsible, practical"
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 10 Nov 2013 20:52

Yes I agree Lucidinthe Sky. I am not quite an adult yet, (I'm 15) but I am mature. At the same time I wish not to cut off my sense of imagination, as I am a novelist. Imagination is what today's world is severely lacking.

I really feel that the only place I can find real imagination among adults is in the Marvel movies lol :)

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”