[WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your Body

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
KungFuPanther

Re: [WILD] How EXACLTY Do You Keep Consciousness While Your

Postby KungFuPanther » 08 Nov 2013 06:02

I have tried wild before as every other method seems to fail with me. It was in the morning, right after I had woken up, and I wanted to go back to sleep but rmembered the WILD proccess. So I tried it; closed my eyes, tried to enter the dream state ( which seemed really easy at first) and then, suddenly, I feel my heart accelerate. I try to stay calm and go bock into the dream mode but just as I start to re-enter my heart pounds so hard it hurts. nearly 200 bpms I guessed. I felt like I was having a heart attack, which is scary because I am only 15.

So I almost succeded but failed. And I tried this multiple times, and it is always easiest in the morning right after you start to awaken.

But I always get this explosive pain in my heart. Why?
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

DeltaV

Postby DeltaV » 10 Nov 2013 12:39

I'm not sure, but I think that might be the body checking to see if the brain is asleep. This check can hurt, but you got to ignore it.
At least, that is what I read.
You have bought a ticket for a train of thought heading for your wildest dreams. Choose your destination, and enjoy the ride!

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 10 Nov 2013 14:58

Oh gee, how nice of you, Brain to check if my body is asleep. it could potentiality kill us, but the thought was nice.

You wanta do this? accelerating your heart while it's doing nothing is a tough job.

Lol okay so next time I'll try to ignore, and as of last night I just figured out that I have more to contend with than this "are you sleeping" test. XD

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Nov 2013 03:01

The palpitations are normal because the amygdala activates and adrenaline starts pumping, which is often accompanied by fight-or-flight sensations. Strong emotions such as irrational fear during such state often can't be helped. You may experience panic but it is all comon and normal.

The pain, however, isn't. But are you sure it's pain or are you mistaking a different sensation for it. Your thoughts that you may be having a heart attack

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Nov 2013 03:05

(sorry, my phone is a bitch)

...could be psychosomatic. Whatever the case, if you suspect that the "pain" is due to a physiological disorder, get your heart checked.

By the way,the sweat and the body temperature change is normal too. Don't go all hypochondriac on us now. :-D

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 11 Nov 2013 03:19

Summerlander wrote:
The pain, however, isn't. But are you sure it's pain or are you mistaking a different sensation for it. Your thoughts that you may be having a heart attack

I'm not really sure, I guess it is not pain but it feels similar... kinda like how your legs start to "hurt" while you are running really fast, that's how it feels. The exercising kind of pain I think.

I tried WILD again last night and my heart accelerated when I tried it, but I think I had it more under control this time, only thing is I experienced other things that I had no idea how to deal with. You can read more about it on my post "First Real Lucid Dream (and closest WILD attempt).

Okay, just read your second post, It could be psychosomatic, seeing that WILD just seems so unearthly to me. I still don't have my whole head wrapped around it. So I'll try not to freak out tonight, and let you guys know how it goes.

Seeing that I am not dead by tomorrow morning. Then you guys wouldn't know nothing.

See you tomorrow.... perhaps... *Epic lightning and loud thunder*

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2013 11:26

I don't think you'll die. Try again and see what happens. Sleep well, for about six hours, then wake up but don't stay up for long.

When you go back to bed you should find it easier to relax and don't become so concerned with when the shift into the desired state of mind will come.

I'm going to read about your lucid dream and I'll get back to you. By the way, have you tried getting a full night sleep and applying the separation method as soon as you wake up? You nail this and you're the don!

- Padmasambhava

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 12 Nov 2013 17:30

Summerlander wrote:I'm going to read about your lucid dream and I'll get back to you. By the way, have you tried getting a full night sleep and applying the separation method as soon as you wake up? You nail this and you're the don!

I tired that this morning but by the time I wake up I can't do this because either 1, my Dad never sleeps and is constantly watching videos on his phone, 2, everybody is awake and make me get up to take care of goats and chickens and dogs. (Yeah, I live on a farm, and it sucks)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Nov 2013 17:59

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive found the more Ive done it, the more Ive learnt about the technique and Im getting better and better at pulling myself into a LD once I get to the right state, its really a lot about mental state and learning what that state you need is and just how to take your brain there.

Had a few recent successes with WILD and I'm learning that above statement is the key.

When it comes to WILD, being in the right state to me is the key for success. The main difference between my successful WILDs and failures is the mental state I'm in, not how much effort I put into it. If you are in the right state, it's easy. The trick is getting to that state. You must make sure the door is open before you can enter the dream.

The steps are: 1.Get into the right state. 2. Recognize that you are in the right state. 3. Enter the dream.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2013 19:54

I'm unable to locate your WILD post, Kungfupanther, can you link me to it or give me instructions to find it? Thanks, bud.

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”