Beginner Questions Welcome!

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Sterre Duiker

Re: Beginner Questions Welcome!

Postby Sterre Duiker » 12 Nov 2013 18:10

SweetNothing28 wrote:Hey. Well , I'm a new member here , just started today. I got a lot of questions. My first question is : Is it possible for me to Lucid dream? I mean , I sleep every single night for only five hours only.

2.) How long is the time in the dreams and in reality? Is it like Inception , is it longer?

And also I want to thank Rebbeca for this site. Thanks guys :)

As long as you sleep more than 3 hours it always possible :P
As far as I know, the dreams are usually shorter than what they'd be in reality, BUT i have heard of advanced Lucid Dreamers who made it seem like the dream is longer.

CPBlackopsMW3

Postby CPBlackopsMW3 » 24 Nov 2013 21:15

Hey I'm trying to have lucid dreams. I've tried, and tried and tried and I could never get a lucid dream. Please help!

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 03:49

Hello I'm new here but I have been trying to lucid dream for awhile and still nothing, so I came up with a program and tell if it is too much.
I meditate three times a day, before I go to bed I eat cheese, I listen to the hypnosis mp3 as I sleep, wake up after 6 hours of sleep(wake back to bed technique) and read about lucid dreaming for 30-40 minutes or so. Am I rushing or is this a really good program?

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 07:03

Twister wrote:Well... I started months ago, but so far, there was only one lucid dream in the past... 3 months?

I sort of gave up on it, but my motivation is back. I just need some patience.

I've been keeping a dream journal, from blurry and non-memorable dreams to much more vivid dreams, is this a good sign?

I've been trying the WILD technique, but I just end up forgetting that I'm supposed to be mentally awake and just fall to sleep... hehe.

Anyway, is there some tips I can use? It would help me out a lot.

Thanks!

I strongly suggest to stop trying WILD seeing it isnt working for you and try one of the other techniques. Ones body quickly gets into bad habits and by now you would of developed one in which you just fall asleep whenever you try to WILD.

Dont get hung up on a technique and if it doesnt work for you within a month or two, try a another.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 07:09

Hendrix wrote::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Im tired of it................not being able to lucid dream that is. Ive been trying since January 14, 2011 and have nothing to show for it. First time i tried WILD i almost had it, but a hypnagogic sound woke me up. I would set my alarm for 4am everyday, my body eventually got used to it and now i have sleep problems. I shouldnt have practiced everyday anyways and plus ive tried every technique under the sun. Almost 3 years and nothing to show for it. Im taking a very long break from it...........................possibly a year or two. Lucid dreaming is very fascinating to me but i just cant do it now because doing wake back to bed too much fucked over my sleep schedule...............I love the idea of lding but i dont have time for it now. I shouldve stuck with the first technique i tried too, oh well..........See you all in late 2014 or whatever........Sionara!!!!

Im so glad to see your post about how doing that has screwed up your sleep and given you sleep issues.

I see too many young ones at this website waking themselves up which isnt healthy for young bodies and also does put people at this risk. It only takes ONE WEEK according to some research I read for the body to be affected in unhealthy ways if a person isnt getting enough sleep each night.

Anyway. I want people to become aware that some techniques can end up giving people life long issues and are a risk. Sleep issues can be very hard to fix and sleep drugs are addictive and the body adjusts to them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Dennis888

falling asleep question

Postby Dennis888 » 11 Dec 2013 01:50

Hi, my name is Dennis, and this is one of my first times posting.
Background; when I lay down I can tell that I am about to fall asleep because I see fantasy situations that my conscious mind is not in control of running through my mind.

As an example, horses flying, people I don't know interacting, etc. I have slight control over these (presleep?) thoughts. I can even help them start by putting in a starting point thought or situation. Though after that when I do try to control them I seem to edge more toward wakefulness but not totally.

Now the question, how do I use this quirk of mine to help start lucid dreaming?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Dennis

sweet pumpkin

Postby sweet pumpkin » 03 Jan 2014 09:58

Hi all, I a newbie here. A friend of mine "accidentally" introduce me to lucid. He actually does the Astral and come to me. But i got questions here:
1. Why I am passive in the LD, it is only when "someone" come to me, I can feel it, but I couldnt do anything beside that? I know its real inside a dream.

2. Is it possible that I was visited by "someone" I dont know? I had been visited by 2 "man", each on different ocassion. BOth of them look very descent like usual casual man. Both of them didnt say a word/or just say hi.

3. Why I could see my friend is talking to me, but i could understand/get what he is saying?

Is there anyone could help me please....thanks so much.

LiquidNitrogen

Postby LiquidNitrogen » 09 Jan 2014 01:45

I've had an account here a while but I've only posted one time. Ive had a lucid dream a couple years ago before I knew what it was. I woke up during the middle of it feeling very happy and excited and after closing my eyes for a few seconds I went right back into it. It was awesome. I just started trying to have them off and on recently and i had a lucid dream a couple hours after waking up in the morning but havent tried that early again yet and Ive started reality checks within the last couple days. Though I only remember to do them sometimes. I do like a few a day. But last night I was trying to WILD last night, and I know I'm a beginner so I shouldn't do that yet, but after a few minutes a random scene popped into my head and all of a sudden I was literally sucked into a vivid dream that lasted like 30 seconds. When I was sucked into the dream I felt it and It was a very weird feeling. I wasn't lucid but I had control over a band that was in the dream and they sang the words that I thought. I remember this. Has anyone else had a vivid dream that they felt they had some control over?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

dreaming

Postby dreaming » 09 Jan 2014 02:52

how do I really WILD dream?

how?
When I try, all that happens is this...

As soon as I lay down to go to bed I relax my whole body ( not moving anything) and start to imagine what I want to dream about...but nothing happens

Sometimes, I wake up 6 1/2 hours later try to do the same thing but find myself too tired to even try or focus, its like my body is not up for it...

so do i keep my eyes open or closed

Sterre Duiker

Postby Sterre Duiker » 09 Jan 2014 16:19

dreaming wrote:how do I really WILD dream?

how?
When I try, all that happens is this...

As soon as I lay down to go to bed I relax my whole body ( not moving anything) and start to imagine what I want to dream about...but nothing happens

Sometimes, I wake up 6 1/2 hours later try to do the same thing but find myself too tired to even try or focus, its like my body is not up for it...

so do i keep my eyes open or closed

Don't force your eyes to be open or closed, just let them wander and your mind just a bit too, but not too much. I recommend you use SSILD, it really works
http://cosmiciron.blogspot.co.at/2013/01/senses-initiated-lucid-dream-ssild_16.html

Return to “For Beginners”