Any tips?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
WishUponAStar

Any tips?

Postby WishUponAStar » 10 Nov 2013 14:23

So, basically, I've read a lot about lucid dreaming. I've been working on it now for a couple of days, and currently have done about 10 reality checks and written down 3 or 4 dreams. A few things that are bothering me though, are,

-I'm young, (13) and share a room with my mother, which means I have to keep my alarm at almost muted laying next to my ear so that she doesn't hear it. But unfortunately, neither have I.

-My problem is, how do you control yourself in your dream, or even realize that you are dreaming? I don't mean reality checks. For some reason, I'm there, and can see through my eyes, but it's like I'm being controlled by someone else. I would find it pretty hard to do a reality check even if I tried.

I want to be able to live in my own world when I'm asleep, because reality, for me, sucks. I also need visuals for a book I'm writing, and lastly, I have quite a few scenarios in my head that I've wanted to live out for a long time now. Thanks!

butter

Re: Any tips?

Postby butter » 11 Nov 2013 18:38

hello WishuponAStar.... welcome to this site.:D
I'm a new one too ... i joined just a few days ago.I haven't experienced a lucid dream yet, but i can tell you what the dreamers have advised me.
First of all , almost everyone has dreams just the way you mentioned... you can't control them just like that.
For this you have to first realize that you are dreaming... to do that we are suggested reality checks.But in order to remember to do those in dreams you have to make it a habit in real life first... questioning "Am i dreaming?" atleast once every 1-2 hours.
And as for the alarm clock- well i have the same problem( My parents won't let me use it) so i've considered to focus only on reality checks.
You could , of course try the various techniques mentioned in this site, and see which one works best for you...
Good luck :D

WishUponAStar

Postby WishUponAStar » 12 Nov 2013 00:08

Thanks! I also believe I found my...uh...dream something or other. The thing that reminds you to reality check? Sadly, it's school. Past four dreams were about field trips, detention, assembly, etc.

butter

Postby butter » 12 Nov 2013 10:12

I also have dreams related to school most of the times and i guess most of students do...
Anyway, good luck and be sure to share when you have your first lucid dream ;)
I will do whatever i can to get my first lucid dream

WishUponAStar

Postby WishUponAStar » 13 Nov 2013 00:40

Thanks, I will.

Juggernaut625

Postby Juggernaut625 » 13 Nov 2013 01:01

The problem with most people is that they have relatives they can't wake up, I'm the same so I use a different method of training which is keep a movie on late (like while your sleeping) and if your a light sleeper it will commonly wake you up. If I go to bed at around midnight, it will wake me up at around 4ish so I can write down the dreams I remember, switch off the TV and go back to sleep. It's not as efficient as the clock, but in our circumstances I don't really wanna affect my families sleeping patterns as well as my own.

Also, I don't tend to visualise my dream place once I'm lucid in a dream. I won't always remember it, I think I've only remembered it once but woke up trying to get there. It all takes practice. As for seeing things better, it comes when your lucid. I was just having a normal dream then when I snapped everything around me just emphasised, literally. Everything seemed 105% more real than the normal dream.

WishUponAStar

Postby WishUponAStar » 13 Nov 2013 02:11

The thing I'm having trouble with now (it's become a habit to wake up around 3 or 4 now) is remembering to reality check and actually think about it. So I can't remember to reality check in my dream.

chance7hope

Postby chance7hope » 12 Dec 2013 21:17

So first of all without reality cheks you are not going anywhere ;) . I see that its your habbit and thats good even I haven't built a habbit yet! I don't want to talk abbout Reality Cheks you can read abbout that in other treats ;)
Ok so the real deal now! :) Before you go to bed meditate and say to your self that you will have a lucid dream or just troughout the day say those words to you BUT MEAN IT :D
After that when you go to bed you have to relaxe because now it will get kind a scarry at first! :P Now count to 100 on your mind. After you have counted to 100 you should start to feal fuzzy or sleepy thats good but bad too so continu relaxing. When you are doing this you musn't moove a muscle and I MEAN DON'T MOOVE!!! When you come to 100 you might have the fealing that you have to moove sideways or moove your feet. DON'T! Stay still.
You will start having a paralysis that will begin from the feet to the chest and finaly to the head ( aka all of the body )! Don't try to moove it will be kind a shock but don't worry its a normal human instinct :) ! When you start fealing the paralysis coming in start thinking with EMOTION " I WILL HAVE A LUCID DREAM " !
And now just fall a sleap woth those thoughts. And don't forget to do your reality cheks ;) !

Thanks for reading my post!

Return to “For Beginners”