Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
R99

Re: Why do you pursue lucid dreaming?

Postby R99 » 14 Nov 2013 15:09

HMMM :roll: ,
Why do you pursue lucid dreaming? now thts an interesting question....

i think i can write an essay about it. but it will be boring. so here is the reason y..

"NO LIMIT." in reality there is limit 4 everything but in dreams well thats a whole new level.

and am 25 by the way.
I see the Truth now.

AceOfSpades

Postby AceOfSpades » 15 Nov 2013 04:37

I do it because I believe there is more to dreaming than just images that go on inside our heads.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 18 Nov 2013 21:37

for me, Lucid dreaming is an escape from the real world (not that it is bad). I feel so free when in a lucid dream; limitless. I love exploring and doing things that I could only imagine otherwise. Lucid dreaming gives me access to adventures which I would not have otherwise.
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

dreamflyer

Postby dreamflyer » 23 Nov 2013 23:23

I'm 19 and I had my first lucid dream when I was 4 to 5 years old. Ever since I had a lot of lucid dreams. I like lucid dreaming because I can control my nightmares now. In my dreams, I'm always able to fly or freeze things. So I don't have to be afraid anymore that some monster will chase me. Even when people are angry, I have the courage to talk to them, because I know I'm dreaming. I'm like testing my social skills over and over again. I'm sociable in real life to, I guess I had a lot of practice ;). But of course lucid dreaming is more than that. It's awesome!!! It's like having a second life. Always new adventures, new worlds to discover, new people to meet... And flying is the best experience ever!! When I wake up, my day starts awesome :) I honestly couldn't live without lucid dreaming.

DreamerMan99

Postby DreamerMan99 » 24 Nov 2013 05:31

I decided to try lucid dreaming for three reasons. Boredom. I was bored and needed something to do, so I always had an ability with dreams so after some research I found this site. Secondly, all the amazing stuff. Ill repeat it as a million people said "everything you want to do in real life you can do in a dream". Thirdly, I was feeling kind of lost in my life and felt like that dumb wheel from The Missing Piece. I kinda wanted to get more in touch with my self and figure out who I am, etc etc. I am 15.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Good luck,
Dream on.
LDs~32

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 08:41

Im 42 or 43 years. Right "now" Im not pursueing it (havent for months thou Ive still had some spontanous LDs) but when I do, I usually use it for fun and a bit of adventure.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 01 Dec 2013 14:42

I guess I pursue lucid dreaming because I want to experience every fantasy I ever had. I am like the biggest dreamer, to experience a world which is only my own is in fact amazing. Also since while lucid dreaming you can ask your subconscious anything about yourself, well I'm dying to know and I want to be able to do stuff that I didn't have the chance to in real life like facing my fears, practice karate or ninja stuff, learn to be better. My goal in life most of the time, is to become the Ultimate me and lucid dreaming is the way to get there. 8-)

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 01 Dec 2013 14:57

For me, dreams are one of the most beautiful experiences period. Throughout my whole life i've always woken up from vivid dreams with a sense of wonder and excitement. I use dreams as an alternative for psychedelic drugs and for a boost in creativity. Plus, they just make me happy. I am lucid dreaming more and more these days, also. I am 18 years old.

Guitar48300

Postby Guitar48300 » 01 Dec 2013 20:35

The Beach Boy wrote:For me, dreams are one of the most beautiful experiences period. Throughout my whole life i've always woken up from vivid dreams with a sense of wonder and excitement. I use dreams as an alternative for psychedelic drugs and for a boost in creativity. Plus, they just make me happy. I am lucid dreaming more and more these days, also. I am 18 years old.

What is it you're doing for your lucid dreams?
Roxas: Did you have fun chatting with the ghosts?
Sora: You shouldn't call them "ghosts". Sure something seemed a little off but I'm sure they're still my friends

-KH Re:coded
xat.com/luciddreamers if anyone wants to use it

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 01 Dec 2013 22:59

Well, i've kept a dream journal for the past 4 months that I write incredibly detailed dream facts in. I also am sort of a natural, not to sound cocky. I have spontaneously lucid dreamed throughout my life and have always been aware of the fact that it can be done. My advice to you is to perform meaningful reality checks and when you go to sleep repeat to yourself with as much determination as you can muster, "I will lucid dream tonight." Other than that, I can't say much because it is pretty natural for me. I am pretty sure it's because I have a really good dream recall. The truth is, you might be lucid dreaming but not remembering it.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”