curious thought.

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
R99

curious thought.

Postby R99 » 14 Nov 2013 14:43

Hi there guys, am back.. (finally an internet connection, and a peace of mind..) lots of new teammates, cool... 8-) straight to the point. i know that LD can impact our body, like feeling pain for example. seen an article in this site that says brain enables our body as it awake wen we r doing physical task. so am wondering, is it really possible to increase capacity of human body by doing physical tasks in LD?. wats ur thoughts?? feel free to reply . thankz in advance :)
I see the Truth now.

torakrubik

Re: curious thought.

Postby torakrubik » 15 Nov 2013 02:06

Capacity as in physical size? We can train muscle memory in LDs but perhaps not actual muscles :P However there are accounts of physical healing from dreams, so why not physical improvements if such is the case? Food for thought...
Dreaming is my drug

R99

Postby R99 » 15 Nov 2013 05:19

not the physical size, stamina, strength, & skill. anyone tried it b4???
I see the Truth now.

Lucid Dreamer

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 18 Nov 2013 21:30

well I do parkour in real life, and I have had several dream recently where I have successfully completed a move that I have had trouble on. This would also apply to me. Would working on perfecting a move in a LD help me to do it in real life? (I havent tried to do the successful dream moves in real life yet)
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 23:54

Life is all mind over matter. "Think you can and you will succeed".
There are physical, bodily limits in reality of course, but in a lucid dream the rules are changed. I'm still experimenting with that.

But think of it as 'mental exercise'. You can work out all day and practice, but without some mental exercise you are incomplete. (And we can practice anything mentally in lucid dreams).

There should be some lasting effects in your physical life afterward, if you have a powerful, profound lucid dream. After all, our bodies are controlled by the mind.

(Muscle Memory... Brain Plasticity.... I don't know where to draw the line anymore.... if there is one.)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

R99

Postby R99 » 20 Nov 2013 15:35

Lucid Dreamer wrote:well I do parkour in real life, and I have had several dream recently where I have successfully completed a move that I have had trouble on. This would also apply to me. Would working on perfecting a move in a LD help me to do it in real life? (I havent tried to do the successful dream moves in real life yet)

thankz 4 ur reply, could u plz add this intention 2 ur LD, try to learn a move in dream.. see wat happens, am trying myself too, not a parkour move, increasing strength thats my goal. will post if something comes up.
I see the Truth now.

R99

Postby R99 » 20 Nov 2013 15:38

HAGART wrote:Life is all mind over matter. "Think you can and you will succeed".
There are physical, bodily limits in reality of course, but in a lucid dream the rules are changed. I'm still experimenting with that.

But think of it as 'mental exercise'. You can work out all day and practice, but without some mental exercise you are incomplete. (And we can practice anything mentally in lucid dreams).

There should be some lasting effects in your physical life afterward, if you have a powerful, profound lucid dream. After all, our bodies are controlled by the mind.

(Muscle Memory... Brain Plasticity.... I don't know where to draw the line anymore.... if there is one.)

yeah, u r right, mind is everything. am trying to master it. going to the gym isnt everything.
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 08:38

Some sportspeople use dreams to help improve their game. Olympic Athletes too sometimes use dreaming to help them.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2013 14:45

taniaaust1 wrote:Some sportspeople use dreams to help improve their game. Olympic Athletes too sometimes use dreaming to help them.

Yeah , i heard of it, but am looking 4 more. its not about skill. its already proven that practice in LD could improve their skill. Even healing is possible in LD, then what about strength and stamina? why not? ever thought about that???
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 02:08

R99 wrote:
taniaaust1 wrote:Some sportspeople use dreams to help improve their game. Olympic Athletes too sometimes use dreaming to help them.

Yeah , i heard of it, but am looking 4 more. its not about skill. its already proven that practice in LD could improve their skill. Even healing is possible in LD, then what about strength and stamina? why not? ever thought about that???

I do think it could improve stamina too as if one thinks about it, stamina is a lot tied to a mental state of being as well. If one had trained oneself to be mentally stronger during LDs eg pushing oneself throu all obstacles be it pain or whatever, there is no reason why stamina then wouldnt improve.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”