A confused school dream

Share your most awesome, bizarre or lifelike dreams of the non-lucid variety. Tell us about your weirdest nightmares and false awakenings.
radicaldreamer

A confused school dream

Postby radicaldreamer » 16 Nov 2013 16:22

I just woke from a series of dreams, and one was particularly interesting to me.
In the dream I was probably in high school, but it was not a high school that I recognized. The teacher I think I recognized, but she was not a high school teacher in real life.

Anyway this was a very long dream, and in it I attended three days worth of classes, and had interaction with people after and before school. On the start of the third day, I looked in my backpack and found a caramel Twix candy bar, and began to eat it. It had genuine Twix flavor and texture/crunch/chew etc like in real life, which was nice 'coz I haven't had one in a long while. :lol:

While eating the candy bar, suddenly I realize that I do not remember going home after the second day of classes! This is where I start to feel conscious but I don't know I'm in a dream this time. I start to get worried and tell people "I'm really worried, because I just realized that I don't remember going home yesterday, I don't know where I've been, I don't remember waking up, I don't remember coming to school, and for some reason I have a Twix in my backpack and I can't afford those so I don't know how it got there!" :lol: :lol:

After explaining it to my teacher, who didn't seem to believe me and felt uncomfortable with me telling her this, I was thrown into a different dream, followed by a couple more.

HAGART

Re: A confused school dream

Postby HAGART » 16 Nov 2013 16:52

Almost lucid. I know how that is. And they can be quite vivid. I was once eating Dorito chips in an almost lucid one like this, and it was so real, my hands were sticky and I needed to find a bathroom to wash my hands.

Are you still in school, or did you graduate (or drop out) years ago? That would have a big impact on the interpretation of it.

It's interesting how the school and teacher were unfamiliar to you, yet you somehow knew it was a school and that the person was a teacher. I've noticed with dreams that the feeling comes first and the visuals come after in order to give those feelings meaning.

I haven't been in school for many years, but I still get school dreams. Lots of them. They should be a dream sign for me, but I still get duped. And I too have wondered at times, how did I get home? I don't remember the bus ride.

I'm lucid enough to know something is not quite right, but not enough to fully realize I'm dreaming sometimes. It can feel quite embarrassing to admit that I may have blacked out and don't know how I got where I was. People may think I was drunk or something! We tend to be quite illogical in dreams.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “Share Your Non-Lucid Dreams”