Need help with this one..please!!!

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
dreamworld777

Need help with this one..please!!!

Postby dreamworld777 » 14 Nov 2013 21:31

Today I had the strangest dream and I would really love any insight on this and what it could possibly mean...I dreamed that I was a younger teenager,about 14.I was at my childhood home which was haunted in this dream.I seemed to be the only one in the house.Many strange things were happening there and I had the feeling that I had expressed these concerns to my family and no one believed me.
My father came home.In this dream he looked to be about in his early 30s.I told him of what was happening and he agreed to look around the house with me and see if what I was saying was true.As we walked around,many things were happening that proved that my concerns were valid.He believed me and seemed to have some kind of solution as to what we needed to do although I am not clear as to what he said he was going to do...
I went into my parents room and saw my mother sleeping..but my mother wasn't my mother..she was me,as an adult now,laying there sleeping.I sat on the bed with her and woke her up to tell her that I told my father of the things that were happening and he believed me although she didn't believe the house was haunted.She brushed me off and turned away and went back to sleep.
From there the dream switched and I was now my current age (42) sitting in the livingroom(still in my childhood home) with my sister.I told her that the house was haunted and asked her if she was aware of that..just then a black mist appeared in the air coming towards me.I was so angry that these things were happening in my home and I jumped up and tried to hit the mist as hard as I could but it didn't effect it at all.I began saying "Get out of this house in the name of Jesus..in Jesus Christs name get out of my house"...the mist disappeared and I felt a tremendous happiness.
I began dancing around and singing,saying "be peaceful in the name of Jesus,be happy with the name of Jesus" and I woke up.....

This seemed like an extremely odd dream to me and left me with a very strange feeling of uneasiness when I woke up..I have no idea what could have caused me to dream this..I never felt that my childhood home was haunted nor had any type of issue where my parents didn't believe things I would tell them as a child..My mother is currently still alive but my father has been dead for at least 20 years now...
What struck me as most odd was that my mother appeared to be ME..yet I was still a younger version of myself as I sat there talking to her...that really struck me as strange!!!

Does anyone have any thoughts on this dream at all or any ideas what this dream could represent....any thoughts would be greatly appreciated..thanks in advance and sorry for the long post..some dreams are alot to talk about :?

LucidLink

Re: Need help with this one..please!!!

Postby LucidLink » 16 Nov 2013 16:19

No one can say for sure but yourself, but I believe you can't take tha haunting of the house literally.

I think this dream has much symbolism, but again only you can be sure.

My best guess is that, there is something you believed in as a child that you don't believe in now, even though their are clear signs you should believe it? Hence your mother being you, and the mother version of yourself didnt believe your childhood self.

But the last bit, where you are you are back to your current age, i have no idea about. But again, only you truly know :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

Peter

Postby Peter » 17 Nov 2013 07:55

I dont bother to much with literal interpretations of dreams as they can mean whatever a dreamer wants at the time.

What does become interesting is if they answer some question you have or help you move on in some way. It could be as simple as you wanting to make a decision that you have been putting off so the dream presents a few challenges and you overcome these and feel good (getting rid of the mist) and that is it.
Looking for meaning past this takes away the marvel of the dreams and you start to lose the feeling that was experienced and break it into bit that you feel need understanding.
I call this the human flaw the insane need to see what is not there, my 2cents worth and its nice that the dream left you feeling good - that is plenty
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 18 Nov 2013 00:00

dreamworld777 wrote:
What struck me as most odd was that my mother appeared to be ME..yet I was still a younger version of myself as I sat there talking to her...that really struck me as strange!!!

She is you actually, not odd at all because everyone in your dream is part of yourself. Characters in dreams represent parts of ourselves so you have to figure out is how she is represented in you. Generally a mother in a dream would represent the caring, nurturing sides of ourselves. Whatever she represents, that part of you is sleeping or not paying attention to the issue represented by the haunted house.

Usually the house is a symbol for your being, soul, spirit or whatever term you want use. Haunted houses in dreams can signify repressed memories or unacknowledged feelings. A mist would generally signify confusion or uncertainty, maybe even fear seeing how it was dark colored. In any case, the dream suggests that there's some kind of issue in your life (probably past) and the "father" part of you is acknowledging it and wants to deal with it, but not the "mother" part. That's my 2 cents, hopefully gives you some things to think about. Let us know what you come with.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 13:02

Lucidinthe sky's interputation is basically how I would seen this dream too.

Dream characters are very often representing parts of ourself, not just your mother but the other things and characters in a dream too.

The haunted house I'd think is representing something which was "haunting" you... so think to yourself what is the big situation in your life that you werent able to let go off and was like hanging over you.

It would probably be a situation from a long time ago seeing you were a child in this dream. Something you found "strange" as a child, something you yourself may have had a hard time getting your head around (seeing you werent believed and your mother was sleeping in this dream .. sleeping represents unawareness).

Thing is by this dream this problem seems to be now sorted out.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Lakewolf

Postby Lakewolf » 17 Dec 2013 05:31

Two questions:

1) Are you a Christian?

2)Are you involved with someone that you don't really trust?

I await your answers.

Lakewolf

dreamworld777

Postby dreamworld777 » 19 Dec 2013 00:50

1.) Yes

2.)I guess that would be a yes also now that I really think about it...

What do you think?

Return to “Dream Interpretation”