Swimming Bird Intro

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird Intro

Postby Swimming Bird » 02 Jan 2012 12:01

Yo, I've been doing a little research on lucid dreams for a wile. I have a dream journal also, I've been writing in for about 6 months. Haven't had a real lucid dream yet, though I dream all the time. I also have trouble sleeping before around 3am lol. Anyways I'm a artist and animator, I've always kinda liked the idea of being lucid and the Bushidō out look on life.
I've been able to fly in a dream once, and shoot fire. Although I was never completely lucid, not the whole time at least.
My short term goal is to have better dream recall.
I'm 16, if anyone else my age is starting or is already lucid it'd be cool to talk with you one day.

Swimming Bird

Re: Swimming Bird Intro

Postby Swimming Bird » 03 Jan 2012 00:49

Where's the hospitality...

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 03 Jan 2012 23:59

So long as you don't need to be anywhere early the following morning, there should be not problem with your not being able to sleep before 3am. Frankly, I have the same problem, but it's pretty much not an option for me to stay up that late, so I take antihistimines to help me fall asleep, lucky for me they're super cheap. I am also an artist, and sometimes do drawings of things, and creatures I encounter in my dreams (and if you're wondering, the gooeymaw, monster in my icon isn't one of them).

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 04 Jan 2012 00:06

Yea I kinda was for a second, and I have School early :\ I'm ganna work on my sleeping habits also my reality checks. Were can I find all the dream related vernacular like WILD?

Gooeymaw

Postby Gooeymaw » 04 Jan 2012 02:32

I don't know. I usually just spontaneously realize I am dreaming, so I haven't bothered looking those terms up, but I am sure you can put them on this site somewhere, or in a google search, but make sure you inlcude the word Lucid dream in the search, otherwise you'll get a butt load of useless links. Once upon a time I DID know what they stood for, but have long since forgotten.

jamjam

Postby jamjam » 04 Jan 2012 04:41

Hello and welcome! It's ok anything you need to know, just ask it on this forum!

Well... goodnight!
jamjam

Return to “For Beginners”