writing down dream selection

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Lucid Dreamer

writing down dream selection

Postby Lucid Dreamer » 18 Nov 2013 21:52

I remember my dreams almost every night, but sometimes I don't write down the dreams that don't interest me. Is being selective in which dreams I write down hurting my lucid dreaming?
"All men whilst they are awake are in one common world: but each of them, when he is asleep, is in a world of his own." ~Plutarch

HAGART

Re: writing down dream selection

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 22:37

No.
I get lazy too, but still lucid dream.

Writing them down should not be a chore. And it's more for your future self to reflect on than anything else. Dream recall happens in your mind. Pen to paper, or fingers to a keyboard is just an extra step to preserve the memory for the ages, but not absolutely necessary. However, I do tend to remember more details when I do write it out on a word processor, so I like it and do it by choice and it's my own hobby and routine. (Unless I get too many dreams and I just say, "Forget about it. I can't write EVERYTHING down". I need to pick and choose the more interesting ones. It would take too long otherwise!)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”