Polyphasic Sleep Cycles for Lucid Dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Goldkoron

Polyphasic Sleep Cycles for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Goldkoron » 15 Nov 2013 04:52

Does anybody use a Polyphasic Sleep Cycle to lucid dream easier? I was reading about it, and I have always been interested in having a Polyphasic Sleep Cycle.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Re: Polyphasic Sleep Cycles for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Vonozar » 15 Nov 2013 07:11

I personally haven't, but I remember wwtching a video on it feom a lucid dreaming youtuber. His video may be able to give you some more insight. :) If you want to check it out, his channel is Gizedwards. It should be listed there.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 17 Nov 2013 04:35

Vonozar wrote:I personally haven't, but I remember wwtching a video on it feom a lucid dreaming youtuber. His video may be able to give you some more insight. :) If you want to check it out, his channel is Gizedwards. It should be listed there.

I am trying a biphasic cycle consisting of two 3 hour sleeps in the night with a 2 hour wake time around 3:00 AM. It feels very efficient so far, and has been known to give better dream recall.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 18 Nov 2013 08:11

Cool. Be sure to let us all know how it goes. ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 22:02

I've decided to try this too. I'm going to try Biphasic with a 1 hour intermission.
I know from experience that Wake Back to Bed creates vivid dreams and generates a higher chance of being lucid. Separating your sleep in to two periods would be the ultimate WBTB.

The first period is NREM or non-rem sleep. (There's some other sleep cycles in there if you want to go into detail, but basically during this period I don't dream much). So get it out of the way. You can't avoid it, so let it happen.

Then wake up, and spend an hour to fully awaken before going back to sleep. And don't even think of it as going to sleep. Consider it a 'lucid three hour nap'. REM dream sleep will kick in readily and if you are alert enough you will be lucid. I will attempt WILD techniques and see what happens. Even if I fail, try and try again, and the worst that can happen is I get a great period of non-lucid dream sleep and wake up refreshed with vivid, amazing dreams.

There's nothing to lose! (You just have to add an hour or two to you allocated sleep time, that's all)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 18 Nov 2013 23:32

Exactly what I am doing, I tend to naturally wake up near 3 AM or 4 AM. So I just get on my computer and do something for an hour. By the time I go back to sleep, I am alert enough to attempt a WILD. Unfortunately, I'm not very good at it yet.

Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 18 Nov 2013 23:40

Me neither.
But if at first you don't succeed, try and try again.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”