Prophetic Lucid Dream, perhaps, kind of? What do you think?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
TillyPink

Prophetic Lucid Dream, perhaps, kind of? What do you think?

Postby TillyPink » 19 Nov 2013 01:06

This was an interesting recent experience.

My phone went off with a text at about 6.30 am. In a half sleep i imagined it was a client of mine who sometimes texts early if she wants to change plans. I didn't check as i didn't properly wake up and i drifted back into a dream which almost immediately became lucid (well, perhaps semi lucid at times)

I was in said clients home, except it was very different. She was having a massive clear out of her husbands things (they had been separated for a while). It didn't feel as healthy as she was making it out to be. There were rails and rails of his things and i became an invisible observer to this. She put them all across a bridge and into a garage. As i was a lucid observer, i begun to analyse what was going on (the obvious metaphors attached to removing the things over a bridge and into an outbuilding was not clearing out, just putting the problem elsewhere etc, usual dream analysis stuff) Then i saw there were 3 men handcuffed to the rails and in the dream i thought...ahhh, well, that makes sense! She's tied them up somewhere in her unconscious. And i felt very sad. Then i became entangled in the dream and lost lucidity only to regain it again handcuffed to the clothes rail with a dark man and i actually thought 'Well, that's about right, here I am projecting on to ***** - this is all about me! And what i haven't dealt with in waking life!' I managed to break free and as i went back across the bridge i saw a white eagle owl suspended in motion above the water. And again, i thought in my dream, 'what a brilliant archetype and very fitting.' I was eager to wake up as i realised that i actually had to get to this client's house and i may be oversleeping at this very moment! I woke up and checked the time and all was fine. Just annoyed that i didn't have time to journal the dream.

Yea well, get to client's house and there she is, doing the big clear out!! Rails of his stuff going into the garage and she's manic and 'feeling great!!' and the place is being blitzed but i am still thinking about the 3 men handcuffed to the rails and i almost want to stop her and say 'Are you really clearing him out or just moving him into a different part of your unconscious?? mwa ha :? But then that would be just more projection on my part, and maybe i'd lose my job lol. I'm a cleaner for this person btw, so i'm pretty sure that stuff dripped in to my unconscious. Entanglement? It was just the utter timing of it. The fact she was doing the big clear out AS i was dreaming it. The text that woke me and triggered the dream in the first place wasn't from her either in the end.

It boggled me for a the whole 5 hours i was there, as i was then participating naturally as i AM her cleaner after all! :shock:

Summerlander

Re: Prophetic Lucid Dream, perhaps, kind of? What do you thi

Postby Summerlander » 19 Nov 2013 11:22

Either it was an amazing coincidence or lucid dreaming enables "mental entanglement"between individuals. I'd say be careful about mentioning these experiences to people. It's risky in trrms of not making sense or getting too personal with them.

I have visited a few individuals a few times in lucid dreams. The real people made associations when I told them about my experiences. It was as though I had perceived the gist of what was on their minds at the time or even their waking life actions. Bottom line: my experiences seemed to be making more sense to them than me.

There was one individual that I "visited" however, who completely denied that my experience had anything to do with him or his life - in fact he had got quite defensive with me. Later, however, he conceded that the elements of "hospital" and "suicide" had featuted in his life but that it could have been a coincidence.

I told him I was a sceptic too but that I was reluctant to dismiss it as an impossibility. I don't believe in precognition, or even telepathy (

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 19 Nov 2013 11:30

*sorry, phone playing up.

As I was saying, I don't believe in such things coming from a supernatural source. However, I am open to the idea of "mind entanglement" as allowed by physical forces. (Quantum entanglement may play a role.)

Such experiences may also be rare and lucid dreams, for the most part, are metachoric experiences (self-referential hallucinatory phenomenon largely governed by the dreamers unconscious mind). (Bearing in mind that the unconscious can be a great intuitive source even when it comes to people and things that also exist outside one's mind.)

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 19 Nov 2013 23:07

Hi Summerlander,

Thanks for your response, really interesting and i just read your post on visiting people/OBE etc. Even more blooming interesting, wow!!

I know a little about entanglement theory and I agree, i would go for that more then the idea of the super-natural (in fact that would be a a cop out for this complex and mirror maze world!)

The term 'Metachorcic' is new to me (i may have spelt it wrong! But i will do some research) but your explanation of it ties up with what i understand about the manifestation of self inside the dream. But i guess the same could be said for waking life. We only experience reality from our own experiential perception, anything outside of that may or may not exist, it is just not identified as part of our perceived collective or individual reality. We put together the pieces and write the story. The dream story is boundary-less. The waking story is ruled by cognitive rational responses (unless you have mental health issues which is another really interesting subject). But are both an illusion? This is what makes Lucid dreaming so exciting to me. The ego present in the boundary-less world able to be rational about decision making and thoughts inside a hallucinatory experience!

I guess my thoughts with this particular dream conjure up a manifestation of my personal experience entangled with the experience of my client. Hence in my dream i kept jumping from thinking about her situation as an outsider, to becoming part of her situation. And i guess when i'm cleaning her home, i'm literally soaking up unconscious information without even realising it. How it effects me depends on my own experience and how i project on to that.

There were moments in her home where i have felt very emotional and even cried....in fact it was not a surprise to me when she told me her husband had been having an affair last year...but I don't think i knew this because i am 'psychic' but because of the my own projection onto the unconscious information i was receiving. I am empathic and sensitive and have an eye for detail, i am a poet so like artists i perceive the world easily through story making and visual manifestations.

Just to finish i too have had LD's where i have gone to visit people, but never spoke to them about it like you did. I was fascinated by your experiences. I have also felt at one time, and this was too big and profound to go into now, that i was visited in a LD by another lucid dreamer i met that day....

This is all too interesting, what great site to be able to share this!

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 19 Nov 2013 23:30

Oh and just to add, re your visiting friends who then denied any reference to their experience then later perhaps wondering (since some things did tie up) if it was 'just a coincidence'....well, if so much of our lives are governed by unconscious thought through dream and waking life, the idea of 'coincidence' fades into insignificance. Synchronicity, yes perhaps. But again, i'd be looking to explore much more in terms of the idea of entanglement.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Nov 2013 00:05

Me too. You're an adventurer like me. I am an artist too. I love to draw and paint, I love to write (mostly prose but at times I find myself being poetic), and, despite loving science, I certainly do not have a maths brain. I do read quantum mechanics for the layman though (thank you, Brian Cox lol).

Do let me know if you visit anyone in lucid dreams and what they say. I might experiment with it more. (I want to fly to the moon and play guitar with Dave Mustaine first though.)

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Nov 2013 00:11

Oh, I was also apparently visited by another lucid dreamer (in a lucid dream). I know what you mean. It makes you wonder: entanglement or mental fabrication from that wow factor that most of us have?

- Padmasambhava

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 20 Nov 2013 01:10

Haha talking about synchronicity! ;)

I've always said 'Beware of the 'Wow Factor!!!' It takes us away from the wow (or the now of the wow?) Yea it's so easy to get caught up in the 'wow' that we miss it. So i tend to sit with subjective experience in non-judgement - mine or others.

Brian Cox is my guilty secret path to understanding slightly more about physics as he has a unique gift of making his explanations poetic. And rather sexy. He really does lust science. :D

Great yes i write very short prose too, all very dream like and inspired by such. I wish i could draw my experiences - i see there is a whole thread for this started by Rebecca. Drawing is a direct line, i think, to the unconscious....words are tricky but can be cleverly manipulated into behaving artistically (it just takes so much work and energy, for me anyway)

Yup we should keep the line going for these 'visitation' experiences, i think there is so much to explore and expand on, and it's just very exciting. I haven't made the decision to visit someone for a long time, and never have had any particular goals to do this, or anything actually, only when i have been in a lucid dream have i made decisions. I love that you want to play guitar on the moon with this guy (forgotten name, never heard of him! Will look him up!) And now i'm thinking goals might be fun to imagine up...hmmmmm...

A mate was round one night and he showed me this clip from youtube called 'The Mountain'. That night i had a LD and i was determined to go to The Mountain (which was filmed on a time lapse in Spain) well, it stayed on the 'spring' part when i got there, and there was the guy that showed me the vid. I was talking to him about the fact that he'd showed me this vid the night before and here we were in the LD together...he was a bit distant and didn't stay too long. I met lots of other people there too, people i knew (imagining they were all projections anyway) but just like my normal dream characters, not particularly wanting to engage with direct questions. But then a few months later i found out this mate of mine lucid dreamed and i told him about The Mountain dream and he just casually said 'Oh yea, i go there all the time. But i don't remember seeing you there' Haha!! But he was pleased i made it anyway! :D

Yea, all very interesting stuff.

Dream Well Summerlander. Thanks for sharing.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 20 Nov 2013 01:33

Oh right. Dave Mustaine. The moon needs that. :twisted:

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Nov 2013 19:07

LoL! Yeah, Megadeth rules!

In my Astral Viewer days we used to attempt to meet with members of Astral Pulse in Astral Pulse Island. All we had to do was look at a picture of an island with a pyramid in the middle and try to have a collective experience there.

Nobody ever met! I did draw my one and only visit to such place in a lucid dream. I met Frank Kepple, who was like Astral Pulse's guru. The guy had scammed people with lessons on how to get to higher "Focuses of Consciousness" and then mysteriously disappeared. His fans had hailed him as something like Robert Monroe.

I never spoke with the guy (he had already disappeared when I joined Pulse and later would be banned for my anti-esoteric views) and thought he had genuinely died until members mentioned they had paid for lessons - then I smelt a rat!

Anyway, in my experience he was just like in a pic I had seen of him. I found him fiddling with little crystal pyramids in a workshop inside the island's pyramid. Some thought I had met his spirit who now resides in the imaginary Astral Pulse Island. But I think my experience is more telling about my subconscious impressions on Frank Kepple.

Anyway, it is definitely worth experimenting with mind entanglement, shared dreaming and precognition even if we don't believe or they seem counterintuitive. There could be something there, and, if there is, I think we both agree that what enables the phenomena is natural as opposed to supernatural. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”