Lucid Dreaming Book Recommendations?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
yogagrrl

Lucid Dreaming Book Recommendations?

Postby yogagrrl » 19 Nov 2013 20:05

I am a lucid dreaming novice looking to purchase a couple books on lucid dreaming. Years ago, I picked up "In Through the Out Door", which is a small & very easy to read guide on lucid dreaming. This book is what originally peaked my interest & I carry it's tattered carcass with me every time I travel. I am looking for a book more about LD techniques and less on the scientific research on the subject as I am familiar with much of that. Any recommendations and brief descriptions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

torakrubik

Re: Lucid Dreaming Book Recommendations?

Postby torakrubik » 20 Nov 2013 04:23

I highly recommend Lucid dreaming: gateway to the inner self by Robert Waggoner. It broadly covers a wide range of applications and techniques concerning lucid dreaming, and spiritual exploration as a whole. Very easy to get into and quite inspirational.
Dreaming is my drug

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 20 Nov 2013 12:23

I agree. I'm currently finishing Waggoner's book. It's great.
Stephen Laberge's books are also highly recomended.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 20 Nov 2013 21:54

Guys, I think yogagrrl wants a book leaning more towards the techniques side. Although Robert Waggoner touches upon them in the first few pages of his book, and is reasonably removed from the scientific side, I fear he may not go as in-depth as what yogagrrl may be looking for. Waggoner's book is more about the language and symbology of lucid dreams, self-integration, his own personal observations and beliefs, and the advantages that lucid dreaming may bring.

Yogagrrl, if you want a book about lucid dreaming that is all about technique - and you can download it and read it for free - Michael Raduga's "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" is the one: http://obe4u.com/files/the_phase.pdf

It is all about techniques! From entering the phase state (LD/OBE) to deepening, managing, and maintaining it. It even includes examples of "phase experiences" by the author and other practitioners. (Look out for Arlindo on page 111, that's me!) :mrgreen:

The book even advises you to have interesting plans of action that will prevent hesitation during lucid dreaming. It also teaches you to effectively use it to get information from dream characters, problem solve, fulfil fantasies, practice/learn real life skills, self-heal etc.

Because I work with Raduga as the head of the Phase Managing Department at the OOBE Research Center, I have also taken part in statistical research. Here's a piece of extra information on the pinched-nose method: http://research.obe4u.com/pinched-nose-reality-check-when-aware-of-phase/

Another book I recommend, which not only talks about techniques but also the psychological side of lucid dreaming, and its dynamics (the theory is brilliant really), is Stephen LaBerge's "Exploring The World of Lucid Dreaming."

Anyway, for what you want, those are my recommendations. Good luck! 8-)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

LucidLink

Postby LucidLink » 20 Nov 2013 23:27

Highlander wrote:I agree. I'm currently finishing Waggoner's book. It's great.
Stephen Laberge's books are also highly recomended.

I secondly agree! Lucid Dreaming: Gateway to the Inner Self is the best book on lucid dreaming hands down.

You should seriously consider getting Robert Waggoners book, I read it, and I loved every page!! I couldn't even put it down :)

I also highly recomend Charlie Morleys "Dreams of Awakening", Rebecca wrote a review on it, and I'm reading it now. I'm almost done with it, and it's got a huge section dedicated to techniques, and more!

But overall, Robert Waggongers Gateway to the Inner Self is the best book for you in my opinion. I believe it covers a wide array of techniques as well as much more. It's a truly a great read, and the best book written on lucid dreaming period in my opinion. :)

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

yogagrrl

Postby yogagrrl » 21 Nov 2013 07:41

Thanks so much for the recommendations. I have downloaded "The Phase: A Practical Guidebook" and so far, it is exactly what I was looking for!! I am also going to order Robert Waggoner's book on Amazon later this evening. Thanks again everyone!! I'll keep posting on my progress if anyone's interested!! :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Nov 2013 21:03

I'm glad you find The Phase useful. Do keep us posted on your progress. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Irishhen

Postby Irishhen » 24 Nov 2013 21:33

Hi! I recommend the Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming by Stephen LaBerge, Ph.D. And Howard Rheinhold. I bought it from amazon.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 01:38

Indeed you can't go wrong with that one. LaBerge rocks.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

- Padmasambhava

yogagrrl

Postby yogagrrl » 26 Nov 2013 10:17

Thanks Irishhen. I've ordered it from Amazon as well!!! Looking forward to reading it.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”