How much influene can you have on your own subconscious??

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Ivanna

How much influene can you have on your own subconscious??

Postby Ivanna » 04 Jan 2012 13:46

Hello :)

I was just thinking, if your subconscious is responsible for so much in our daily lives and also has a big part in dreaming, how much influence can you have on it whilst lucid dreaming?? I know you can ask questions or demands like; What is my ideal careerer?, Show me something really amazing!..etc. But has anyone ever given a demand like: Stop me blushing so much! It might sound stupid, but really if you think about it, blushing is an involuntary response, and it's controlled by your deep subconscious. So really it's like hypnotising yourself not to do something. Or you could even say something like "Stop my phobia of flying!" or "Give me more motivation to do exercise!". I am not yet a sucsesful lucid dreamer but I would like to ask those of you who are if you have ever tried anything along the lines of this and if it has worked for you. Also, I would be very grateful if someone could try it maybe!

Thank you :)
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Peter

Re: How much influene can you have on your own subconscious?

Postby Peter » 04 Jan 2012 19:15

You should be able to have some influence via dreams but it sounds like you are describing beliefs that are a product of your subc rather that whatever subc is. So in that context yes you could sow the seeds to change behaviours
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Swimming Bird

Postby Swimming Bird » 05 Jan 2012 21:40

If you could do that wouldn't it be like... like hacking your own body.

Peter

Postby Peter » 05 Jan 2012 22:17

no more than convincing yourself that you need to eat another bit of cake. You cant hack you own pc can you only play around with the code
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”