Long Hour of Terror

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Goldkoron

Long Hour of Terror

Postby Goldkoron » 22 Nov 2013 16:54

I never experienced anything like this before, an I am still shaking about it. I woke up at 5:00 AM, for my Biphasic sleep pattern. I stayed up for 20 minutes, then went back to bed at 5:20 AM. I attempted WILD for another 20 minutes and gave up. I went to sleep, and directly into at least an hour of constant REM sleep, or a constant long dream. My subconscious must of been angry with me, because that dream I fell into was just a tormenting nightmare. It was a huge series of False Awakenings, and every time I had one of these false awakenings, it was like real life. I was getting up for school, and I could go anywhere, I truly thought I was awake and would prepare for school. The first time it happened, I entered the kitchen, and then saw a shadow through the doorway to our laundry room. I froze, and stared at the door as it suddenly opened and some lady I had never seen before appeared. She stepped forward towards me and then suddenly her eyes turned white with a extremely scary noise, and I woke up again in my bed. Of course though, I never woke up. I don't have the time to describe every it happened, so I will explain it to you all. It turned into a effort to finally actually wake up, in some parts of the dream, I actually went to school and would be surrounded by people. But any one of them, it could anyone I know, or somebody knew, would eventually approach me and do the white eye scare thing, which kills me in the dream. At one point, I became lucid with a reality check, WHICH I DID A LOT DURING THIS DREAM, and then suddenly black letters were drawn on my hand that I did the reality check with, they said "You can't escape!" I tried to control the dream with lucidity, but failed. And another person with white eyes caught me. Later on in the dream, I was 100% lucid, knew I was dreaming, but could not escape. I was with 10 friend on our school stage, any one of them could be the threat, I told them that nobody is to go within 8 feet of me, and not to stare too long. They all abided for a short time, but eventually one of my friends turned on me.

This dream cycle tormented me for so long, I am so glad to be awake now.
Do a reality check

rami elhaibe

Re: Long Hour of Terror

Postby rami elhaibe » 23 Nov 2013 03:13

That would have scared the shit out of me. Literally I would have pooped my bed! He'll I wouldn't even sleep for days. Now I'm completely paranoid I will probably have a nightmare tonight fudge my life.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Nov 2013 04:53

Over a year ago I had a long lucid dream and kept waking up in false awakenings that turned lucid.

That was when I still had some sleep paralysis nightmares that we talked about over Skype once.

I woke up in a dream and my grandmother was there and she told me 'it' was here and I needed to wake up. ('It' is like a shadow demon, or like having Freddy Kruegar appear in your dreams... :o ) I couldn't wake up though and even tried jumping off a 100 foot building to jolt myself awake, but all I did was hit the ground and get up again. I even started to question some dream characters if I was dead because I didn't know if I had a body to go back to. It was pretty messed up, and I was scared.

In retrospect I realize that is was just fear. Dreams are emotional and fear is a strong emotion. The best way to conquer fear is to get angry at it. Turn your fear into anger and you will have power. Then after you wake up, it's best to turn it all into humor and laugh at it.

That's what I do.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Nov 2013 06:13

This dream scared the crap out of me. Biphasic sleep really increases dream recall, because there are so many details I remember about it. It was kind of fun and annoying at same time, because I was almost constantly lucid because I would constantly reality check to see if I woke yet. At one point, I commanded my subconscious to stop, and I kind of had a mind war, I was hearing this loud demon growling sound from the dark clouds above me. And when I thought I slew it, I had another false awakening and got jumped by another person with those creepy white eyes. It is strange what scares you in dreams though.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Nov 2013 06:27

I'm still trying to acclimate myself to a biphasic sleep schedule.

But I must say, those early hour dreams are some of the craziest I've ever seen. I don't normally have dreams early in the sleep cycle, but am starting to get them now. They are messed up and can be quite abstract with some fear involved.

It's something to overcome and I'll report more in detail as it happens.
(Right now, it's every three days that I get a good REM dream sleep, so be patient).

I will add:
It's like one night I have no dreams, and the next I am dreaming almost immediately, and they are so different than your typical, early morning dreams. They are so messed up and abstract. The other day, I was contemplating a fractal in me dream! A fractal! You know how messed up that is? I can only laugh about it now, but it was serious when it was happening! :lol:

It's like trying to wrap your head around an unconcievably large abstract idea and make sense of it. Some dreams mimic waking reality and others deal with deep concepts that we wrestle with, and they tend to happen in the early cycles of sleep in my experience.

I'm still trying to make sense of it, but I'm here for the ride!
Last edited by HAGART on 23 Nov 2013 06:42, edited 1 time in total.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Nov 2013 06:42

HAGART wrote:I'm still trying to acclimate myself to a biphasic sleep schedule.

But I must say, those early hour dreams are some of the craziest I've ever seen. I don't normally have dreams early in the sleep cycle, but am starting to get them now. They are messed up and can be quite abstract with some fear involved.

It's something to overcome and I'll report more in detail as it happens.
(Right now, it's every three days that I get a good REM dream sleep, so be patient).

It's like one night I have no dreams, and the next I am dreaming almost immediately, and they are so different than your typical, early morning dreams. They are so messed up and abstract. The other day, I was contemplating a fractal in me dream! A fractal! You know how messed up that is? I can only laugh about it now, but it was serious when it was happening! :lol:

Yeah, I have a good REM sleep every few days on a Biphasic schedule so far, a lot of them involve fear, and very vivid weird things that makes me wonder, "Why was I thinking of that?"
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Nov 2013 06:44

Yeap!

And I edited my post and added some stuff.

But I think the message was clear anyway......

CPBlackopsMW3

Postby CPBlackopsMW3 » 23 Nov 2013 07:14

If you get scared in from something in either in a lucid dream or an astral experience, get angry at it and punch it and imagine it dying. This can also help you conquer your fears of the evil entities in the Astral Realm (if that is one of your fears), or the evil entities in a lucid dream. You could've been in a nightmare. To escape a lucid dream nightmare, look down, close your eyes and spin around. Imagine a different place, then open your eyes. You should be out of the nightmare and into a positive lucid dream.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 Nov 2013 07:26

CPBlackopsMW3 wrote:If you get scared in from something in either in a lucid dream or an astral experience, get angry at it and punch it and imagine it dying. This can also help you conquer your fears of the evil entities in the Astral Realm (if that is one of your fears), or the evil entities in a lucid dream. You could've been in a nightmare. To escape a lucid dream nightmare, look down, close your eyes and spin around. Imagine a different place, then open your eyes. You should be out of the nightmare and into a positive lucid dream.

We think differently when dreaming, even when lucid dreaming. I never thought of the conventional ways of waking myself up, I was just hoping every time I woke up again in my bed that I was actually awake this time. I fear though that I have also given born to a semi sentient subconscious, I actually gave it a name, and used to talk to it in other lucid dreams. It was as if during this dream, it was exacting revenge on me for some unknown reasons. I confronted it at one point of the dream as I had said, but it seemed powerful and dreadful, I thought I slew it, but later on in the dream, it showed it still had it's true colors. It is exciting at the thought though, that I have an enemy in my dreams, and I do truly believe that my subconscious does have some mind of its own, after all of my "chats" with it.
Do a reality check

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Nov 2013 22:16

I think I have multiple personalities.
It only happens in dreams, so it's not a disorder. I think we all do, but few people would admit it or experience it. We're not crazy and I think it's perfectly normal.

How else can I explain the sentient, self aware dream character's I've met? Does my subconscious have a self awareness all it's own?

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”