A voice in my head. Who was it?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
DudeMan010

A voice in my head. Who was it?

Postby DudeMan010 » 25 Nov 2013 01:47

Hi I had a lucid dream recently and I want to confirm something that happened at the end. I had a false awakening so I noticed that it was a dream. I started to touch surfaces, my bed, etc. to increase my lucidity. I tried to levitate something in my bathroom but I failed xD. I went outside of my room and I saw my parents room door open and I could see my mom's shadow moving around. So at first a questioned myself: Is this really a dream? I did a reality check and I confirmed that it was a dream. I closed the door to my room, ignoring what I just saw and kept thinking in my room. I went to the bathroom and I stared myself in the large mirror that I have. Then I came up with creating a Kamehameha (its a move form a anime series called dragon ball z). So I started doing the pose, screaming the words and charging the attack, but instead of a blue ball pop up through my hands, only blue electric statics were showing up. Then while I was screaming the word: "me", I closed my eyes. I don't know why I did that but I started to panic a little because every time I have closed my eyes in a lucid dream, when I open them I wake up for real. So I started thinking what to, how do I open my eyes in the dream without waking up. I opened my eyes barely to see what would happen and I saw my roof in real life so I closed my eyes quickly. I started to panic a little on my dream thinking what to do, how to open my eyes. Then all of a sudden I got really calm and I heard a wise old man's voice who I believe he said something like this: "Those who believe in themselves will be able to control there dreams". Then I quickly opened my eyes full of faith and power and I launched the Kamehameha directly at my mirror, it looked like I was fighting at my reflection. after all that the dream ended. So my question is: Who was that voice in my head, was it my subconscious, guide, who? if you have a idea please tell me. I believe it was my subconscious but I want to see if I'm right or not.

Summerlander

Re: A voice in my head. Who was it?

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 02:15

It appears that a subconscious part of you gave you some good advice. Confidence and belief is key. If the lucid dream collapses, re-enter that world. The first sensations of a bed beneath you and your sleeping body immediately after the end of a dream are phantom anyway. There is still a window of time through which you can simply get up (or ostensibly get out of the body) and find yourself in a lucid dream replica of your bedroom.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DudeMan010

Postby DudeMan010 » 25 Nov 2013 02:18

Thanks Summerlander for what you said. Now I know that it really was part of my subconscious which is what I wanted to know :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 02:52

No worries! I've had a "guide" in a lucid dream once. She had spoken really clearly to me and took me around to meet other characters. Her introductions were great! When I woke up I realised that she had been introducing me to myself as every character seem to represent an aspect of myself (the sort of think that makes you go, "hey, that's me!").

She too was part of my subconscious. I'll look for that lucid dream in my journal for you. Because of that, I got a great perspective on what I'm like. It was a lucid, virtual-reality-of-the-mind introspection, I tell ya!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 03:07

I closed my eyes. I don't know why I did that but I started to panic a little because every time I have closed my eyes in a lucid dream, when I open them I wake up for real. So I started thinking what to, how do I open my eyes in the dream without waking up.

What I do when I get that is ignore it. I dont try to open my eyes (the more concern one gets about waking up when opening eyes, the more likely you will wake up due to it) instead I continue my dream going by what I feel, hear, smell etc , like a blind person. I find then I soon stop thinking of my closed eyes and find I will be able to see again anyway.

Cool that your subconsciousness or whatever spoke to you and helped.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”