Dream Art Wanted!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

Re: Dream Art Wanted!

Postby tea » 22 Oct 2013 22:16

The Beach Boy wrote:Wow, some of these pictures (most of them!) are breathtakingly beautiful. I wish that I could post my music as dream art as I have some really dreamy songs about the subject.

you could post soundcloud links, marked orange and bold
and maybe two little notes, just like this:

☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 23 Oct 2013 01:29

Haha, I don't have any good stuff on soundcloud. Here is the album though, all the music is free. Just click "buy album" and then enter "0" for the price. I think it's appropriate I post it because the title of the album is "Lucid Vibrations" and almost all the songs have to do with dreams. One of the songs is even called "Dreams" another being "Your Lucid Dream." So yeah, support your local dreamer.

Postby HAGART » 23 Oct 2013 01:38

I heard one too, from that other thread.
It's all permissible here if it's lucid dream based.

Visual art is one thing and music is another.
Although perhaps not intended for the original purpose of this thread, I say break the rules.

Art is art. The OP (<-- my new word I learned) just said, 'Dream Art'. Not visual or audio. It didn't specify.

It could be heard or ignored and that is up to other people. But it's not out of place. And you aren't selling anything so it's all good.
We all have the wool pulled over our eyes, but turtleneck sweaters are so damn comfortable.

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 23 Oct 2013 21:11

Cool, thank you very much. I assumed that might be the case but I didn't want to seem like I was trying to sell something. I just think the music really does go hand in hand with dreaming.

Site Admin

Postby Rebecca » 05 Nov 2013 14:30

The web gallery has just been updated... 8-)

And yes - music is art! I'm happy to publish all forms of your dream-inspired art as long as it can be demonstrated digitally.

Postby Highlander » 05 Nov 2013 21:17

My name is Gustavo Vieira.

So, if music is allowed, i'm posting here some of my music.
This is a complete set of songs that i composed and performed in 2002 that was inspired by some of the themes we all discuss about: dreams, OBE, the soul, life after death, etc. Some of it i composed after reading books about life after death, some from the meaning of dreams books and others were inspired by the feelings i had when dreaming. I gave this set the name "Celestial mysteries".

Youtube link:

Main page: http://www.gustavovieira.com/
Music page: http://gustavovieira.blogs.sapo.pt/

Postby maryanne15 » 25 Nov 2013 20:43

Hi! I'm doing my graphic design thesis project on dreams and how to use lucid dreams creatively. I'm designing a website and guide on how to lucid dream and would love to incorporate different dreams in my project. If you could spread the word about my project or submit dreams and art that would be great. I would love to have great content and stories to feature on my site. I also have many questions to ask and your advice would be helpful. Thanks! Here is my in progress blog (www.dreamspired.tumblr.com/)

Postby GodsOfDreams » 13 Dec 2013 22:23

(1) Your artwork - either attached as an image and/or a link to the full-size work.
(2) Your real name - Dylan Howard
(3) Your portfolio URL - http://fineartamerica.com/featured/the-struggle-of-two-dreamers-dylan-howard.html
(4) A description of the dream (optional) - also for the gallery to add further meaning.

The Dreamers so in love began the creation of there own world, a world so vast that 10 stars could fit in side. In fact ten stars orbited the world, they called it Crystalia. The final resting place of the great crystal the heart and engine of the universe the god dreamers were its avatars. The crystal was placed in a great shrine a citadel that climbed miles into the worlds sky. Countless towers arches soared all made of pure crystal. It was so vast in human terms it would have covered the surfaces of 50 stars. It was beautiful just like the dreamers themselves. Here within there great fortress they ruled on a crystal throne together overseeing vast empty halls of beauty and tranquillity, where millions of beings could enter abroad. Vast skylights shafted beams of light of unending star light from each of the ten suns making there world shadowless, deprived of darkness. Half of Crystalia was filled by the crystal city, and the other side was lush with oceans and forest. It teamed of the life of there subconscious and their dreams.

Many galactic eons later the Dark Nemesis unleashed Darkness and Sin into the universe bringing freedom to the single minded followers of the god dreamers thus creating the first civil war of ideas, and the birth of free will. Led by the rebellion leader apprentice to the dark nemesis tasked to invade Cristalia and shatter the mighty true pure crystal thus to bring balance to the universe of light and dark.
the-struggle-of-two-dreamers-dylan-howard.jpg (108.55 KiB) Viewed 5360 times

Postby James » 09 Jan 2014 20:18

I really like the work from this artist :)

My favourite work :P
Was it worth it?

Postby Jackson » 20 Jan 2014 03:17

fistania wrote:one more :)

One thing i notice about my dreams in my childhood is: they're colorful. the hue, saturation, exposure; the color was different. no matter if the dream supposed to be scary-themed (this one is), most of them were still much more colorful than the dreams i had after elementary school.

This was a recurring dream (3 days), that's why i still remember it clearly:
Me and my family were in a cemetery (still, colorful with butterflies!), and i heard that 2 local ghosts are causing panic. i panicked too. the cemetery was on a cliff, and i jumped/fell to the lake under. I opened my eyes under water and it was clear, everything glows down there (just like if you open your eyes in a pool), there were some rocks and four orange fishes. still underwater, i saw this girl (only lower half of her body is visible) with her red swimming suit, walking while holding her beach ball. Out the water, i looked up and my mom and sister were calling me. i looked around and the girl's not there. there was no way out so i just dunked again and she's still there, walking around. i did this a couple of times eventhough i kinda got scared, because i could only see her lower half underwater.
i forgot how the dream ends.

Oh my gosh. I was just scrolling through this random dream art and then I saw your drawing and it instantly hit me" I recognize that place I've been there before. In fact , I met one of my most intriguing dream characters there, and Indian man who taught me many of things about lucid dreams/ dreams in general. Even that little girl that whose legs were in the water but had no body above a water , that was in the dream to and my perspective was exactly the perspective in the drawing! Coincidence? I think not!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”