Space Jam Land

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Summerlander

Space Jam Land

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 02:41

After having at least three vivid dreams (see Bladdered and Dreaming Vividly in the Non-lucid Dream section) the last one where I am chased by a mammoth, I become lucid...

DREAM-INITIATED LUCID DREAM (DILD)

I start flying in order to get away from the mammoth even though I am well aware that I cannot be harmed. The fear is still there and dissipates once I gain considerable altitude. I do not fly like Superman, instead, I take comfort in the sitting position and start rubbing my hands together in order to maintain the lucid dream. My hands feel so real! Ahead of me I discover an alien world where half a giant Saturn-like planet looms over the horizon. The daytime sky is partially clouded and colourful. The dreamscape is a desert strewn with tents and little houses. I glance at the horizon again to discover that the ringed planet in the sky had turned into a massive tilted saucer with a huge cheeseburger on it. I can't believe my eyes! A planet-sized burger in space! I shift my attention to the desert town and start seeing cheeseburgers as big as houses everywhere. As I land I detect Dixieland Jazz music pervading the air. I see people and cartoons interacting with one another like in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit." I am in that town where people and cartoons co-exist, and, everywhere I look I see more of these curiosities popping out of the blue. I enter a house and see a lady and her children playing with objects. The house is like a circus and a TV is on. The characters appear mechanical, half cartoon half human, their eyes pop out of their sockets, and they don't seem capable of making any sense. I wake up.

WAKING LIFE

This lucid dream and the three ordinary vivid dreams that preceded it made me think about the effects of alcohol on sleep. I thought I'd be sleeping like a log because I got absolutely mullered. This DILD was a surprise. I'm going to research exactly what alcohol does to sleep. Feel free to post what you already know! B-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Last edited by Summerlander on 25 Nov 2013 21:14, edited 2 times in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Re: Space Jam Land

Postby R99 » 25 Nov 2013 17:53

cool dream .i bet u wer hungry in that dream. :lol: and about the alcohol experiments plz dont do it. its just waste of health and time.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 17:56

LOL! Don't worry, I wasn't planning on experimenting on myself. I meant surfing the web to see what scientists have found out about alcohol and the sleeping brain. ;)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

R99

Postby R99 » 25 Nov 2013 18:14

Summerlander wrote:LOL! Don't worry, I wasn't planning on experimenting on myself. I meant surfing the web to see what scientists have found out about alcohol and the sleeping brain. ;)

i was like :? then :lol:
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 25 Nov 2013 21:20

Apparently alcohol is controversial when it comes to lucid dreaming. It can affect dream recall and reduce time spent in REM - but then again this in itself can cause REM rebound which can help one to have WILDs. Well, I had a few vivid dreams before having an intense DILD. Some bloke in a scientific site said a couple of beers is ok without affecting lucid dreaming but if you get mullered expect none. Well, this seems to be bollocks in my case. I got wasted and experienced a good quality DILD. Of course, I am not advocating the use of alcohol but I believe ethanol effects people differently and to different degrees. (Well, it kinda goes without saying really!) :roll:

- Padmasambhava

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 26 Nov 2013 01:38

I can attest to that too summerlander. I find that when I go to sleep drunk I remember no dreams for the first part of the night and then sudden, vivid sequences in the morning. Whilst this happens most times I'm drunk, obviously applying this 'method' is impractical, and in the long run dangerous.
Dreaming is my drug

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 02:04

I've got experience with alcohol, lucid dreaming, and that phenomenon known as REM rebound.

But I have never had a dream when I was completely wasted. I wake up and only remember the last few thoughts I had. They weren't really dreams either, just 'sleep mulling' as I call it. But they're very abstract, nonsensical ideas and concepts and the visuals are just as bizarre to go with them. I feel like garbage and go a little nutty from lack of REM dream sleep.

Now of course, 'completely wasted' is subjective, and depends on the person and their tolerance. If I Wake Back to Bed in the night, I'll be OK, and dream. If not, it's too late and I had a dreamless sleep. It could also be due to sleep time and not just alcohol. I tend to stay up 2-3hours later than usual when I'm intoxicated and feel awake, pumped up, and don't get drowsy like a normal night. So I also only wake up once a few hours later and it's already morning. :cry: If you can still WBTB after a night of drinking it changes everything and I knew that before I was a lucid dreamer. I employed that technique in college just to make it to class the next day..... ;) Wake up, drink water, sober up, back to sleep.

The next night, it comes back stronger like we are trying to make up for lost time. I know of the power of REM Rebound. But I have noticed that they are filled with a lot more details and bombard us with nonsensical things. Everywhere I look, I see something new.

I had some REM Rebound last night due to a weekend imbibing. (I don't recommend it, but can admit I know what I'm talking about). I couldn't finish journaling it yet, and if I were to put all the dreams together and guess how long it would take to relive, I would say 3hours!. Normally it's about 45 minutes of dreams for me on a good night. Another thing, after a few dreamless nights, I was already dreaming within the first 2 hours of sleep. It's like my whole night was REM and it didn't follow the usual, nightly, sleep cycle. I spent an entire night or two in NREM and then a whole night in REM. It was the same ratio, but over a 3 day span instead of all in one single night.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 27 Nov 2013 17:55

torakrubik wrote:I can attest to that too summerlander. I find that when I go to sleep drunk I remember no dreams for the first part of the night and then sudden, vivid sequences in the morning. Whilst this happens most times I'm drunk, obviously applying this 'method' is impractical, and in the long run dangerous.

I agree completely.

HAGART wrote:Now of course, 'completely wasted' is subjective, and depends on the person and their tolerance.

Good point! I'm not much of a drinker. But I was a naughty boy and mixed quite a few Fosters with a whole bottle of Spanish Port (14% vol). :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”