Passive lucid dreaming?

Discuss external aids which help you lucid dream including brainwave entrainment, supplements and herbs, lucid dream masks, and more.
Mike Park

Passive lucid dreaming?

Postby Mike Park » 26 Nov 2013 03:28

Any guides on passive lucid dreaming? being conscious in the dream, but letting the subconscious mind take control of the dream as you observe?

Does the Lucid dreaming fast track course teach this? if not, where else can I learn this? any books on this topic?

HAGART

Re: Passive lucid dreaming?

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 03:42

Good Question.
Is it even truly possible?

The best I could do was just sit and do nothing at all and observe. But you can't help but react and then interact with what you see, when it shows up.

Perhaps that IS passive lucid dreaming and I didn't know it. Simply let the dream initiate itself instead of trying to seek out certain people or create your own dream scenes. Have no lucid dream goals. Put your lucid powers aside, I know it's hard not to want to create or manipulate something, but do that and passively observe for as long as you can.

That's the best anyone can do, and I don't last long before I start to control it again. It's too tempting!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Passive lucid dreaming?

Postby lucidinthe sky » 26 Nov 2013 04:29

Mike Park wrote:Any guides on passive lucid dreaming? being conscious in the dream, but letting the subconscious mind take control of the dream as you observe?

Most of the time this is the typical lucid dream for me. Lucid dreaming is defined as knowing you are dreaming, not controlling your dream. That's a big misconception about lucid dreaming.

To me, it's so fascinating to just let your subconscious guide the journey while you are merely an observer, soaking up the completely real world around you while just controlling your own actions in the dream, similar to controlling your actions while awake.

I have done very little control of the dream scene, but it has still been an amazing experience and very satisfying. I do create intentions ahead of time as to what I want to experience while in a lucid dream, but to me experiencing the perfectly real alternate world of lucid dreams and touching it is much better than just controlling dreams. I don't measure how good a lucid dream is by how much control I have, but by how real it is.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “Lucid Dream Aids”