First Real Lucid Dream (and closest WILD attempt)

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
KungFuPanther

First Real Lucid Dream (and closest WILD attempt)

Postby KungFuPanther » 11 Nov 2013 01:56

So last night I try to use the WILD method based on the experiences I had when I was a kid. (See my post, "I may have achieved WILD before") So I lied myself down, and harnessed that long lost feeling from my childhood. After about 5 minutes, sleep paralysis was starting to kick in, but I was still mentally alert (Yes!). Then, after 10 minutes, my ears start feeling this heavy pressure from inside my head. My left ear starts feeling this negative pressure, and my right ear feels like it's being crushed. And because balance is held in your ears, I feel like I am going to roll to my left.

After about 2 minutes of this strange feeling, it intensifies a thousand fold. I feel like my body is being pulled upward and to the left. I was wondering if this is an OBE sensation, but I don't really understand what an OBE is.

15 minutes into this ordeal and I can't take it any more. I lose the feeling, and I'm wide awake. My body is wide awake. Closest WILD attempt ever, but nevertheless, another fail. I feel horrible when I sit up, and my body temperature must be a hundred and twenty degrees. My heart is pumping like a steel machine. I take off my shirt and go to sleep, I am too tired to try anymore.

Anyway, around 6:20 this morning I had a dream that I was in my house, but it was different. I'm messing around with a few friends and I say, "Just a second, reality check." I try pressing my hands through my fingers, and guess what. My head explodes. Well, not literally. I suddenly realize that I am dreaming, but no, it can't be! Yes yes! No no! Yes yes! No no! It can't be!!!

But it was.

I am so amazed that I figured out it was a dream, and I'm still not totally convinced. So, I play it out like it is a dream, and I stay as calm as I can and rub my hands together to increase clarity. It works amazingly well, and now I start to get excited, and I start waking up. But my will is strong, and I pull myself back in.

So since I didn't plan out what I wanted to do in a LD, I start with something simple. Flying. With a crouch, a leap, and a reach for the sky I fly through the ceiling. But I hear this slow classical music that makes me tired, and it's giving me lucidity problems. So I ask the dream for some music, thinking that it will queue the Man of Steel soundtrack or something epic like that, but that same damn sleepy music keeps playing. So I drop back inside and turn off the music manually (I don't remember how).

I move into the living room, rubbing my hands together, and ask for a dream character (DC), remembering Hagart's encounter with his DC. I'm waiting for one and walking around in circles, until I see the possessed looking girl from, like, Paranormal Activity. (And I've never even seen that before) In real life, I would have been startled, not really scared, but I don't even flinch because here I feel empowered. So I simply say "Disappear" and the thing just slowly starts walking away. But that's not what I mean. "Into thin air you idiot!" and it begins to fade away. To be humorous I make the sound effect of a Transporter from Star Trek as it leaves.

I don't remember how I was shocked awake, but I was somehow shortly after that.

But yes, the dream was so great, it only lasted about 2 minutes but felt longer because so much information was being absorbed. So next time (Which I believe will be very soon) I will remember to do these things:

Get a DC/Dream guide like character to help me out (probably Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock)
Become Spider-Man!
And learn some high efficiency Martial Arts skillz.

Do you have something to add to my list of priorities? if so, please tell me! Thanks!
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Melron678

Re: First Real Lucid Dream (and closest WILD attempt)

Postby Melron678 » 22 Nov 2013 15:06

sir, that was an amazing story. :geek:

KungFuPanther

Postby KungFuPanther » 25 Nov 2013 19:59

It was? lol thanks :)
...You think that's air that you're breathing?

Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's LD Forum (IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Nov 2013 04:40

KungFuPanther wrote:I move into the living room, rubbing my hands together, and ask for a dream character (DC), remembering Hagart's encounter with his DC. I'm waiting for one and walking around in circles,

My ears are burning.

I read this back when you wrote it, but never responded 'till now.

I still struggle with finding dream characters to this day. Now I attempt to find ones that I met in previous lucid dreams but to no avail. I'm still using my old strategy: call their name or your intention out loud and await for their arrival. But, it's not working too well for me anymore. I should stop trying what I'm doing and start over again and forget what I think I know. I need a new strategy. It worked that first time, but it doesn't mean it's the only method. I'm certainly no authority figure. ;)

I'm in the middle of the road; I'm not a newb, but not an expert. (I don't believe 'expert' is in my vocabulary and nobody should think that......)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 10:47

I'm waiting for one and walking around in circles, until I see the possessed looking girl from, like, Paranormal Activity. (And I've never even seen that before) In real life, I would have been startled, not really scared, but I don't even flinch because here I feel empowered. So I simply say "Disappear" and the thing just slowly starts walking away. But that's not what I mean. "Into thin air you idiot!" and it begins to fade away. To be humorous I make the sound effect of a Transporter from Star Trek as it leaves.

haha.. sounds like you had fun with your LD

Your experience the night before sounds like you were rather going to have an OBE rather then go into a dream state. There is often energy shifts before an OBE happens and that can cause one to feel very warm and often causes heart racing... and the pressure can build up with things so intensely that it can get soo uncomfortable that one stops the whole experience. (Ive stopped many of mine). I personally think far easier to successful LD then an OBE. They are different states of being but quite close and some people may naturally gravitate towards one of those states or the other.

With a LD, ones subconciousness is let go one can say, this can make the whole getting into it thing easier, where as during an OBE, one's subconsciousness can be restricted just like it is in waking life and hence not manifesting the subconciousness experience (thou very deeply relaxed state).

One can thou also be OBE but dreaming at the same time just like you can be awake in real life and start "daydreaming" during the day.

You headed for an OBE as you had your body relaxed enough for either LD or OBE but your mind just wasnt relaxed enough thou you were trying or keeping awareness. Let go off your mind/thoughts more if you want to LD by WILD.

Do you have something to add to my list of priorities? if so, please tell me! Thanks!

You may want to check out that thread titled something like 1000 different things to do while LD. For various exciting things you could try.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”