5 Myths of lucid dreaming

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

5 Myths of lucid dreaming

Postby William » 15 May 2011 17:21

I agree that there are many myths alone on what happens if you should die in a dream. I keep an online dream journal and one dream I have on there, is not only me dying but crossing to the other side.
At 5 or 6 years old, I began having very vivid dreams. They were very colorful filling all my senses and usually had an intense plot. Years later I became an avid lucid dreamer and worked my way to OBE's. Visit me @ http://expandurmind.com/

Site Admin

Re: 5 Myths of lucid dreaming

Postby Rebecca » 16 May 2011 08:05

Interesting that so many people have commented on this myth - that is you die in a lucid dream, you automatically wake up....

5 Myths About Lucid Dreaming

Seems like this does actually happen to some people but it's not by any means the rule. In fact I can't think of a time it HAS happened to me. Normally the scene just changes and I 'wake up' elsewhere......

What happens if YOU die in a dream (lucid or otherwise)?

Postby Dreamsphere » 16 May 2011 16:01

If i die, or experience extreme emotion (embarassed or something negative) i usually wake immediatly.
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Postby MDINC » 19 May 2011 14:03

I have died in several dreams and there is always a similar but different outcome.
In one dream an ICBM took out my hometown and I got killed in the blast, everything went white
and I was informed, somehow, that I would return to 45 minutes before the blast and must escape.
Other times I just die and end up in a cliche heaven.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”