Lucid reality

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
izildop

Lucid reality

Postby izildop » 26 Nov 2013 19:50

On a scale 1 to 10 how real lucid dream can become?

10 is the same like real life.

Goldkoron

Re: Lucid reality

Postby Goldkoron » 26 Nov 2013 20:09

izildop wrote:On a scale 1 to 10 how real lucid dream can become?

10 is the same like real life.

Although I have no experience with it, some say lucids can top reality in realism and detail. The most realistic mine have been around a 7, one instance a 9.
Do a reality check

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 27 Nov 2013 02:14

10+

It's difficult to believe until you've experienced it, but take my word for it. I say 10+ because I've actually managed to 'zoom in' on objects before and my senses are often greatly heightened.
Dreaming is my drug

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 27 Nov 2013 04:19

I had a false awakening once that was a 10. It was so real that I was lucid for a couple of seconds and lost lucidity because I thought that I was actually awake! That only happened once about a year ago. I never had such a clear dream like that since.
What is your definition of reality?

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 27 Nov 2013 04:49

torakrubik wrote:10+

It's difficult to believe until you've experienced it, but take my word for it.

Yes, that's right. It's off the scale.

It's one thing to discuss it, but you really have to go there then decide while you are there how real it is. Whatever words you come with will never come close to actually being there. You find yourself in this actual place, like any other you know. Looking around thinking WTF is this?!!! The first time, I was thinking: No way, a dream?!! That's not possible." I had to talk myself into believing it. There are all the things you are used to having in waking life so you look around, walk around, stamp your feet on the ground and think, "where am I?" You check it out, touch it, check for something that's abnormal. Then you evaluate the place and compare it to what you know is real while in the dream. Conclusion: "This is unbelievable! This is crazy!" What always blows my mind is: How can you touch something in a dream? How can you feel the texture and weight of objects in a dream? You might walk by a tree, for example. And maybe that tree was just there for decoration, but then you spontaneously make a decision and stop just to feel that tree. And it's perfect. I had a lucid dream recently where I was at a store and I kept asking the owners: "Can you open that package so I can touch that? I want to touch that one next, O.K. how about that one over there?" I must have spent 10 or 15 minutes in there, just blowing my mind with how real it was.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 07:19

Yeah some lucids can be realer then real life (those ones thou are usually my higher spiritual experiences ones in which I get new learning from).

So Im going to say 10+ . You can come out of an LD and feel like this physical reality isnt real.

Most of my lucids thou are a 8-10. I have full awareness and usually my full normal thinking ability too and feeling eg If I do something which would hurt in real life, it hurts the same in my LD.

I wont nowdays throw myself in the air thinking Im going to fly as last time I did that I belly slammed down into concrete.. ouch!!! Completely winded myself etc.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

torakrubik

Postby torakrubik » 01 Dec 2013 02:39

taniaaust1 wrote:You can come out of an LD and feel like this physical reality isnt real.

I've had that feeling a couple of times...amazing :)
Dreaming is my drug

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 02 Dec 2013 06:29

taniaaust1 wrote: You can come out of an LD and feel like this physical reality isnt real.

Yeah, that happened to me once to, only it never went back.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”