My First Lucid Dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.

My First Lucid Dream

Postby simayy » 29 Nov 2013 08:22

My first lucid dream was amazing.

The coolest part about it was at the time, I had never heard of lucid dreaming and I didn't know it was something that could be done. I was mid dream and ta da! Suddenly I was in control. But let's back it up...

Since childhood I had always had a recurring nightmare in which I was forced to drive a car for some emergency reason, was unable to, and would end up crashing and dying. I still don't know why I had this nightmare, I've never been in a car accident--maybe it was just a strange paranoia, who knows.

I had my first lucid dream at about 14, and it began as this nightmare. For some reason my younger brother was injured and I had to take him to the hospital. It was getting to the point in the dream where I was about to crash the vehicle and I suddenly realized it was just a dream. I remember thinking, hey wait a second... I don't have to crash into this ditch, I can just fly over it. So that's what I did, the vehicle began to have aeroplane-like controls, so I pulled up and flew straight over the ditch and above its neighbouring forest, and I was so overcome with relief and empowerment, along with my new flying car, that I began gutting myself laughing.

At this point I thought, but what about my brother? So I turned to him and said, "Hey, so I guess this isn't real, so you're not hurt then?" and he replied a simple "No" and started laughing with me. We then flew in the vehicle for a ways until we landed near a river. Since I was still lucid I asked him what we should do, realizing that since it was a dream, we could do anything. He pointed to a nearby power line, and through his gesture communicated to me that he thought we should tight-rope walk on them. So we did, we jumped as though we were light as feathers and landed atop where we proceeded to walk along them with little care about falling down. Eventually we realized that we didn't have to walk along them, and that like the car, we too could fly. So we flew about for some time until we grew bored, and decided to parachute back down to earth. It was some time on our parachute ride back down that I lost lucidity.

The thing that stood out to me most about my lucid dream at the time, other than having full control over impossible situations, was that it was in first person. Every other dream I can recall before that point was in third person. Even at the end of that dream, when I lost lucidity, I remember watching myself parachuting back to earth. At the same time that I lost lucidity, I switched from first to third person.

I'm curious if anyone else experiences this?

Anyhow, that was my first lucid dream, hope you found in interesting!

Re: My First Lucid Dream

Postby R99 » 29 Nov 2013 09:47

interesting dream, i got my first LD through a regular dream, at first i was standing in front a huge ground, the view was like u said 3rd person, the moment i realized am dreaming the view changed in to first person. in my opinion we get our most regular dream through third person view , its maybe for better understanding 4 what is going on. thats all i can say right now.
I see the Truth now.

Re: My First Lucid Dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 02:41

Great LD, I love the part about your brother laughing cause he wasnt really hurt when you figured out it was just a dream and he didnt have to be.

For myself all my dreams both LDs and non LDs tend to be in first person (thou maybe Ive had just a couple of not first person non LDs). Ive no idea why some dream in third person.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”