Howdy, couple questions, too.

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.

Howdy, couple questions, too.

Postby Dreamsphere » 15 May 2011 17:25

Hey all, I am a skeptic at heart, but I have found compelling evidence that lucid dreaming is in fact real! I have a lot of trouble remembering dreams, but there are a few in the back of my mind that I can recall from many years ago! Friday night, I willed myself to remember my dream, and I did! So far I have just been working on my journal, and doing regular reality checks, it makes me feel a little crazy, but I won't give up! Tonight I might try setting an alarm, 4.5 hours, then every 90 mins, is that right? My biggest issue is getting my mind to settle down and sleep! If I play some binaural beats, my body will shut down, but I will still be awake. Although the first time I used the beats, I saw colour patterns and such, and did drift off... Not sure why I can't get it to happen again. Anyway, sorry for writing so much. Any advice for falling asleep?
I am an Engineering student, and have yet to experience a lucid dream. Currently on break, I am hoping to try and master the technique as it will give me some peace during the busy school year. Any advice or links are appreciated. Feel free to pm me.

Ryan Hurd

Re: Howdy, couple questions, too.

Postby Ryan Hurd » 11 Jun 2011 15:25

hey Dreamsphere.

the Wake back to Bed method you mentioned sounds good -- but for starters I would just try one awakening after about 6 hours in. it's just more do-able, and you'll see if it works for you.

also, during your awakening, I'd recommend doing some reading. read about lucid dreaming if you can. don't use a computer tho -- it may make it harder to get back to sleep (the light intensity in the blue spectrum is not good for sleep).

lastly, binaural beats are great for relaxing, but I would also recommend journaling your intention to have lucid dreams as you wind down. keep the dream journal close at hand and write down any dream you have that night. many people forget this, but dream recall is essential to lucid dreaming, and nothing strengthens dream recall like journaling.
Consciousness researcher, author of Sleep Paralysis, and lucid dreaming educator. Find me at

Return to “For Beginners”