Was I lucid or not?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
lllL1lll

Was I lucid or not?

Postby lllL1lll » 30 Nov 2013 00:46

This morning, I accidentally used the WBTB technique : I woke up after sleeping for about 6 hours and went back to sleep half an hour later.[Actually, I spent 20 minutes smashing the snooze button until I was late, and finally decided I'd skip the first hour].
Once asleep and dreaming again, I realised I was in a dream (I don't remember how, I wasn't particularly trying). I don't remember much of the dream either, apart from the fact that I bent some huge glass panels and managed to walk through them (which made me extremly happy). I also tried to fly, but it didn't work though.
But now, I'm wondering : is it possible that I was only dreaming about being lucid in a dream, instead of being really lucid?

taniaaust1

Re: Was I lucid or not?

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 09:07

Only you yourself can know if you were aware that you were dreaming DURING this dream or not (hence lucid)

If you were not, it wasnt then a lucid dream.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

lllL1lll

Postby lllL1lll » 01 Dec 2013 23:48

I see. Then I believe I was lucid. I was wondering if the feeling of being lucid could have been fake (ie dreaming of being lucid), but I guess not :)
Thanks for your help.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2013 02:21

Not fake but there are different degrees of lucidity. A lucid dream simply means a dream in which one is aware of dreaming. You may be aware that you are dreaming, for example, but not remember where you went to bed prior to falling asleep (did I go home after my mate's party or did I stay at his? I can't recall his name...)! In the highest level of lucidity you are practically all there (your mental facilties are working pristinely) - you remember everything and are pretty much fully consciously aware.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 02 Dec 2013 02:24

On dreaming of having a lucid dream... I believe such dreaming concept is possible. Such phenomena could either reside in the realm of vivid dreams or even at the shallowest ends of lucid dreaming.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Dec 2013 03:20

lllL1lll wrote:I see. Then I believe I was lucid. I was wondering if the feeling of being lucid could have been fake (ie dreaming of being lucid), but I guess not :)
Thanks for your help.

It is possible to dream one is having a lucid dream too as we are capable of dreaming of anything.

There are various things which can help to distinguish this eg you may be aware you werent really yourself at all, no real control of your normal self over the dream, none of your normal thinking self/awareness truely coming into the dream etc.

if it feels like it was just a normal dream but of being lucid rather then a real lucid dream, it may well of been.

It is quite normal to have some parts of a LD in which one may not remember well.. and also to have some difficulty doing things eg flying. If one is having a LD one would expect to be very happy when you succede at what you are trying to do (as you did in your dream when you managed to walk throu something). This did sound like a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”