Troubles

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
ImmaLDer

Troubles

Postby ImmaLDer » 27 Nov 2013 19:37

Hello, I'm ImmaLDer (shortened for I am a Lucid Dreamer)! Although, my name contradicts with my experience. I never once had a Lucid Dream (unfortunately). But I really do want one! I'm hoping I can additional help from you all! Today, I wanted to tell you about the troubles I'm having. Let's start with #1...

1. Sleep Paralysis: Yes, I know it's not 100% necessary to use SP to go into LD, but it's actually something I want to conquer in case a day comes when I experience it. Well, I lie on my back and relax my body. I repeat 'I will have a lucid dream' or 'I will be aware in my dreams'. Problem is, I keep salivating... And swallowing. That makes me wake up. Also, I don't feel sleepy when I lie on my back, but quite the contrary. The only thing that happens is I don't feel my body, but that can easily be solved by moving my hand or finger (or disrupted by swallowing >_>).

2. No sense of progression: I've been trying to LD for about 5 months (okay, I'll admit, if I add it all up, it's probably only be 2-3 1/2 months...) now, but I have no sense of progression. I recall at most 3 dreams per day, with a few times having zero dream recall. My dreams don't seem to be any more vivid, either. To be honest, I'm not as determined as I was 5 months ago due to lack of progression.

3. Lucid Dream Techniques: I'm what you could consider a beginner...I've tried MILD, WBTB, WILD, (sorta) DILD, Binaural Beats, and Sleep Hypnosis. Nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Goldkoron

Re: Troubles

Postby Goldkoron » 27 Nov 2013 20:32

In all of my attempts at lucid dreaming via WILD and WBTB, I have never had success. My lucid dreams are usually scored through believing that I would have a lucid dream when I go to sleep. I do not get LDs often, and have not had many as of late. But there was a time when I had a couple per week randomly at night.
Do a reality check

simayy

Postby simayy » 29 Nov 2013 07:30

Keep practising and don't be discouraged that you haven't seen results. DILD was the way that I was able to do it the easiest. Constant reality checks, and also simply thinking about lucid dreaming throughout my day improves my ability to accomplish it. It is possible, and it's likely that it will soon happen for you. Just keep trying different techniques and stay positive about it.That being said, I occasionally go through periods where I don't have any lucid dreams for a month or more despite all of my efforts. It's all about what is going to work the best for you, as long as you continue to practise different techniques you will figure it out. Also, when you do finally achieve it, try not to get too excited. I've made this mistake many times and I get so excited that I simply wake up. Another tip I find helpful is to try to dream early in the morning just before you wake up. When your mind starts telling you to open your eyes, try to keep them closed and drift back to sleep... Something about being on the edge of sleep really helps me fall into a lucid dream. Hope that helps, keep your chin up!

R99

Postby R99 » 29 Nov 2013 07:57

I think u need to get motivated ImmaLDer, try reading some books, about LD. just trying isnt enough, u need involve in it. its a new skill , and u need to try, and honest to ur self. take it like this, if u r learning to ride a bicycle, how much time do u think need to master it. just like it, first believe in ur self, and try to learn little bit about it, and then use that knowledge to get ur first LD. And one more thing .. do u really read all the article in this very site? be honest.. ok.
I see the Truth now.

ImmaLDer

Postby ImmaLDer » 29 Nov 2013 15:56

Thank you for all the replies :) I usually like to take naps throughout the day (9 AM - 8 PM). This site has sooo much information, even I'm done not with it all (but I read as much as I can per day! It's really interesting!) Actually R99, I'm really motivated, it's just that I get a bit discouraged at times. I find LDing absolutely fascinating and I'm craving the experience! Thank you simayy for the info and I'll try to focus more on DILD again (I used to before, but nothing seemed to work because my brain likes twisting around things).

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 09:21

Well firstly forget about aiming for sleep paralyses, that is just a possibly consequence of LD and not all even get it, you could be a person who never gets it. IF you ever experience it, then you may and can work on concuring it. (its truely not a big deal).

2. No sense of progression: I've been trying to LD for about 5 months (okay, I'll admit, if I add it all up, it's probably only be 2-3 1/2 months...) now, but I have no sense of progression. I recall at most 3 dreams per day, with a few times having zero dream recall. My dreams don't seem to be any more vivid, either. To be honest, I'm not as determined as I was 5 months ago due to lack of progression.

Well that's not good as it will make it harder. If one doesnt get any progression in 6 weeks, I always suggest to change techniques as it usually means whatever you are trying isnt the right method for you.

3. Lucid Dream Techniques: I'm what you could consider a beginner...I've tried MILD, WBTB, WILD, (sorta) DILD, Binaural Beats, and Sleep Hypnosis. Nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

oh okay.. you obviously have been trying different techiques.. so I guess now we need to work out what you are doing wrong. Something you are doing needs to be changed.

First question ... Did you give each a good shot eg 4-6 weeks of trying daily before trying something else? (if you were trying different things all the time and not giving each thing a good go first, your subconsciousness may not be able to get into a pattern of what you are trying to do).

Second question ... Are you doing reality checks? Those are very important unless someone is doing WILD.

3. How are you doing your reality checks? and how often?
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

ImmaLDer

Postby ImmaLDer » 30 Nov 2013 19:20

taniaaust1 wrote:Well firstly forget about aiming for sleep paralyses, that is just a possibly consequence of LD and not all even get it, you could be a person who never gets it. IF you ever experience it, then you may and can work on concuring it. (its truely not a big deal).

Well that's not good as it will make it harder. If one doesnt get any progression in 6 weeks, I always suggest to change techniques as it usually means whatever you are trying isnt the right method for you.

oh okay.. you obviously have been trying different techiques.. so I guess now we need to work out what you are doing wrong. Something you are doing needs to be changed.

First question ... Did you give each a good shot eg 4-6 weeks of trying daily before trying something else? (if you were trying different things all the time and not giving each thing a good go first, your subconsciousness may not be able to get into a pattern of what you are trying to do).

Second question ... Are you doing reality checks? Those are very important unless someone is doing WILD.

3. How are you doing your reality checks? and how often?

1. Ehehehehe, actually, I've been jumbling them all up together. Probably why... As for now, I'm just gonna focus on DILD/Self-Hypnosis...

2. I used to the first month or 2, but then I got off track and stopped. I have started doing them this week though. Even used an app to remind me (with sound. Rebecca says the sound may carry over to my dreams, which I'm aiming for.)

3. Using the app, I tried to do 25 reality checks from 8 AM to 10 PM. Sometimes I increase the number, and now I don't even need the app (but still using it for the same reasons of #2).

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 00:49

The issue with doing them to a sound, is that that sound isnt in your dreams to start with so you need to get that there before you can use it to remind you to reality check.

f that dont work with those reality checks, you may then want to try attaching your reality checks to one of your common dream symbols ALREADY in your dreams rather then just relying on randomly doing a reality check in a dream or relying on creating new things in your dreams to remind you.

For myself as I find myself going to the toilet a lot in my dreams, that is a common dream sign for me so I could program myself into checking in a dream at that time by ALWAYS doing a reality check whenever I go in real life. Or I could use everytime I see food etc. Think of something you do quite often in your daily life and also often do in your dreams if you end up attaching your reality checks to your dreams.

What kind of reality checks are you doing? (how reality checks are done can be important too).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”