Is it possible to study while dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
chaosdragoon13

Is it possible to study while dreaming?

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 11:14

I have a bunch of exams coming up and I was wondering if I learned to lucid dream, will I be able to study everything in one night? If that's the case then I have to learn fast because I am not very good at studying. :cry:

taniaaust1

Re: Is it possible to study while dreaming?

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 12:22

Ive forgotten who it was now but one famous person in history used to do his study by putting his books under his pillow while he went to sleep and he'd remember everything in the morning.

As far as this thou goes for most of us.. well everything you've ever learnt is already sitting there within your subconciousness awaiting to be accessed again. Learning in a LD would be no different (that is IF the correct info is there in the LD!!) then learning and putting it into ones waking conciousness in real life. So sorry, no quick fix for study. :ugeek:
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 12:40

taniaaust1 wrote:Ive forgotten who it was now but one famous person in history used to do his study by putting his books under his pillow while he went to sleep and he'd remember everything in the morning.

As far as this thou goes for most of us.. well everything you've ever learnt is already sitting there within your subconciousness awaiting to be accessed again. Learning in a LD would be no different (that is IF the correct info is there in the LD!!) then learning and putting it into ones waking conciousness in real life. So sorry, no quick fix for study. :ugeek:

If you can access the information through the subconscious wouldn't it make it easier to access through the conscious mind? Because I thought it was like learning a new skill, you'd become better at it with practice.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 13:10

chaosdragoon13 wrote: If you can access the information through the subconscious wouldn't it make it easier to access through the conscious mind? Because I thought it was like learning a new skill, you'd become better at it with practice.

Yes accessing subconciousness does become better with practice but most people arent so great at getting info out from their subconciousness. That is why it is "subconsciousness" and not "consiousness" the term used the first place. To access the subconciousness one usually needs to use techniques eg meditation, lucid dreams etc.

Its easier to just to get your study books out again in real life and keep studying from those instead.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 13:23

taniaaust1 wrote:
chaosdragoon13 wrote: If you can access the information through the subconscious wouldn't it make it easier to access through the conscious mind? Because I thought it was like learning a new skill, you'd become better at it with practice.

Yes accessing subconciousness does become better with practice but most people arent so great at getting info out from their subconciousness. That is why it is "subconsciousness" and not "consiousness" the term used the first place. To access the subconciousness one usually needs to use techniques eg meditation, lucid dreams etc.

Its easier to just to get your study books out again in real life and keep studying from those instead.

One last question, can I enhance my studying and memory skills for school or college?

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2013 14:32

Anything is possible if u know the right method. if u r new to LD its not going to be an easy ride. LD is learning in mental space. it takes time and lots of efforts. there is no shortcuts. And if u r really think u can do it, sure u can. :)
I see the Truth now.

chaosdragoon13

Postby chaosdragoon13 » 30 Nov 2013 14:40

Thank you R99, its very assuring to know that, thank you. :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 01:49

chaosdragoon13 wrote: One last question, can I enhance my studying and memory skills for school or college?

There are mega memory techniques out there (special ways of helping remembering things. Those can work very well). You may be able to get a book from your library on that and its easy to learn and work with that stuff.

Another way if you did want help yourself by accesses into your subconsciousness, would be to use a Tulpa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulpa (formed from a part of your consciousness/subconciousness) and have that interact with you. You could interact with something like that at school. Im not sure thou if the Tulpa thou that can work well, if is a good idea as many run into issues with those (with their own creation taking over their life etc) and one needs to put into a lot of time to make one in the first place (eg 60-100hrs of time and something which may not ever go away once formed).

Im currently using a Tulpa at times to help me with things eg it helps me find things Ive misplaced, helps me if Im doing an English thing if I consult with it (Im going to later today get it to help me work on doing a book review) etc (but I had a very bad exprience with one in the past. One can get way over ones head when one starts messing with things like that, some have ended up as mental cases by making the subconscious stuff appear real).

Anyway..I suggest you try to get a book on mega memory techniques and try that, that can be of instant help and its sounding like you are needing to get your info in your memory fast.
Last edited by taniaaust1 on 01 Dec 2013 02:04, edited 2 times in total.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 02:01

R99 wrote:Anything is possible if u know the right method. if u r new to LD its not going to be an easy ride. LD is learning in mental space. it takes time and lots of efforts. there is no shortcuts. And if u r really think u can do it, sure u can. :)

One still needs to be able to remember what one learnt while in a LD, just like one would of had to remember if one studied the same info.

Je-Je

Postby Je-Je » 03 Dec 2013 19:05

chaosdragoon13 wrote:I have a bunch of exams coming up and I was wondering if I learned to lucid dream, will I be able to study everything in one night? If that's the case then I have to learn fast because I am not very good at studying. :cry:

Hey hey hey, you are in the same case as me. Me too I have exam at the end of year. I never revise my lesson because I’m too lazy but I have good point. You will say ''HOW????''

My method: I remember everything that the teacher is saying very clearly; I have a very powerful memory. For Math, Physic, I am so intelligent that I see all the solution of the problem they give us.

Some of my friends said ''what you do at home to have good point??'' and I reply ''Nothing but I listen in class" So what is my secret; all it is in the brain and belief that all, not so complicate hahaha :lol:
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”