Any explanation-possible OBE

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
R99

Any explanation-possible OBE

Postby R99 » 27 Nov 2013 18:03

So guys, i had an experience similar to OBE. (i still dont know what to makeup with it.) its my first experience like this so not sure what is it, may be here i could get an explanation.

I was still at bed after 8 am trying a WILD, instead i end up OBE (whatever it was) after some moments i was trying on wild and accidentally fell in to sleep. after some times i was wide awake (i thought am awake coz the feeling was real as waking state) and tried to move my arms, but instead my real arms, there is another set off arms. now i have four arms :shock: , the second set was more transparent and its very light. that moment OBE or sleep paralysis didnt crossed my mind , bcoz of it i forcefully tried to move my real arms, result was fully awake at bed.

anyone having any thought? its my first experience like this. i dont know what happened.
I see the Truth now.

Snaggle

Re: Any explanation-possible OBE

Postby Snaggle » 28 Nov 2013 13:18

Sure you either had a dream of an OBE or a Real OBE lost consciousness in it and then either returned to your body while unconscious or after falling unconsious in your dream OBE became conscious in a False Awakening and then woke up by trying to move your arms. Pretty normal experience where more than one Lucid dream may be experienced of lucidity can fall into unconsciousness or semi-lucidity as in your False Awakening with the four arms.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Nov 2013 14:18

Cant tell Snaggle, am pretty sure am aware of the situation, and also the light from outside (8 a.m) in dream or watever and the light in real time was the same. And also the position of the arms are exactly the same. wen i try to move my real arms, the other transparent once merged into the real one, and then i moved it in the waking state. Guzz i find out someday. :roll:
I see the Truth now.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 30 Nov 2013 05:21

It could of been a near OBE where you got your arms out or it could of been a dream. Not enough really went on to be able to tell.

I usually thou usually clearly feel the split as it happens, something you didnt mention
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

R99

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2013 15:11

taniaaust1 wrote:It could of been a near OBE where you got your arms out or it could of been a dream. Not enough really went on to be able to tell.

I usually thou usually clearly feel the split as it happens, something you didnt mention

Its my first experience, and thats bcoz i cant tell anything else. Am sure its not JUST A DREAM, bcoz of the clarity of it. only seen it wen i try to stabilize LD...
I see the Truth now.

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 01 Dec 2013 07:51

1. You were asleep making much more likely that it was a false awakenening than anything else.

2. Dreams can be as vivid as real life, e.g. my first false awakening was at the tail end of a WILD: I "woke up"; looked at the dawn through my window; got dressed; shaved seeing my real self in the mirror; made and ate breakfast; went outside to wait for the bus. All the details were perfectly realistic and all my five senses were working. It's not really possible to tell the best vivid dreams from reality when they're set in the real world and when one is doing something consistent with what one would do after getting up. I had never heard of False Awakenings when I started to experience them. My reaction was the expected "what the hell just happened", except that I would not have used the world at the time.

3. Your second set of arms were not realistic a pretty clear dream sign. I my not be qualified to remark on your double as my OBE have never been as a double or even a human. I leave as a " mist that can shape shift into anything or as multiple disencarnate consciousnesses. In the first kind my consciousness goes with the body and I'm conpletely detached from the body and have to re-enter it in the second type I'm conscious in my body at the same time- odd as I was expecting a double :D
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 04 Dec 2013 02:55

Snaggle wrote: 3. Your second set of arms were not realistic a pretty clear dream sign. I my not be qualified to remark on your double as my OBE have never been as a double or even a human. I leave as a " mist that can shape shift into anything or as multiple disencarnate consciousnesses. In the first kind my consciousness goes with the body and I'm conpletely detached from the body and have to re-enter it in the second type I'm conscious in my body at the same time- odd as I was expecting a double :D

Hi Snaggle.. I too at times arent in like a copy of the physical body but rather just as energy without form or even an energy ball at times. Other times I do have an astral human form. My OBEs can take up either of those forms (if Im in a spirit ball form.. I tend to not worry about taking up human form).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Dec 2013 15:22

Snaggle wrote:I had never heard of False Awakenings when I started to experience them. My reaction was the expected "what the hell just happened", except that I would not have used the word at the time.

Me, too. When I was about 4-5 years of age, I used to experience lots of false awakenings and out-of-bodies. I can't really call the initial experiences "lucid dreams" because I didn't know at the time that I was dreaming. However, I was all there in terms of consciousness. I was fully awake in a dream world but did not recognise the perceived environment to be the product of my dreaming mind.

I'd get up and find a realistic replica of the house interior, colours and objects were sharp and bright, and I'd feel awake. But then I'd notice structural anomalies inconsistent with reality and they would puzzle me. "Perhaps mummy made some changes to the house while I was sleeping," I'd think. One day, albino men with faces like the Knave in a typical deck of cards, came through the walls and chased me. They had malicious smirks and physically abused me.

Then, they would always come to terrify me every time I had a false awakening. The experiences were absolutely real to me and I told my mum about "the bad men with white skin who come for me in the dreams that feel real." To my spiritualist mother, they were evil spirits and she bought some incense (but this is another story).

For the first time, as a child, I had recognised those experiences to be dreams, but not like normal dreams. I knew those "dreams" were something else. I had also learned to recognise when they were happening by spotting environmental anomalies. They became my dreamsigns. However, the dreamsigns were not good news for me for some time. They meant that I was in danger. They were coming for me and mummy would not help me because she was nowhere to be found. I was in another world. A dangerous one.

Knowing that I was in some kind of dream (I hadn't yet come across the term "lucid dreaming"), where I felt fully awake, was not a cause for celebration. These experiences were frequent and I wanted them to stop. And they did, as I grew older. Until years later when I found out what had been happening to me as a kid and the terms "lucid dreaming," "out-of-body experience," and "false awakening" finally entered my vocabulary.

Now I want them to happen as frequently as possible! :D
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”