DEILD

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Highlander

Re: DEILD

Postby Highlander » 12 Aug 2013 10:10

My mantra started to be as simple as: "Tonight i want to have a lucid dream." or "When i open my eyes, check if i'm dreaming." But now i'm doing more specific mantras, like reminders of things to do in the dream. Like: "When dreaming, call for a dream guide." or "When dreaming, find an elevator to travel to another planet."
It's curious that, even when i have a non-lucid dream, those elements take part on my dream one way or another.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 13 Aug 2013 08:14

Ohh that's cool :) Do they work often and what' your mantra when you want to DEILD?

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 13 Aug 2013 09:26

They don't work always, but it's a great percentage of situations that works. It's worth doing this. When i wnat to DEILD i do the same mantra for a task. I mean, before i go to sleep i think of a thing to do in the dream or a situation that i want to happen. Then i make up a phrase to repeat over and over again until i sleep. When i wake up in the middle of the night, if i didn't have the dream that i wanted, i repeat the same phrase. If nothing happened that night, i try again next night.

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 18 Aug 2013 11:12

Highlander wrote:They don't work always, but it's a great percentage of situations that works. It's worth doing this. When i wnat to DEILD i do the same mantra for a task. I mean, before i go to sleep i think of a thing to do in the dream or a situation that i want to happen. Then i make up a phrase to repeat over and over again until i sleep. When i wake up in the middle of the night, if i didn't have the dream that i wanted, i repeat the same phrase. If nothing happened that night, i try again next night.

Hmmm i understand. Right now my mantra is "I will stay still and not open my eyes when i wake up. Is that a good one? :D"

Highlander

Postby Highlander » 18 Aug 2013 13:16

btifuldreamer wrote:Hmmm i understand. Right now my mantra is "I will stay still and not open my eyes when i wake up. Is that a good one? :D"

I find that a little bit confusing, for me that is. The "not open my eyes" i didn't get it. If it was me, i would do something like:
-"Tonight i want to have a lucid dream." -this is to force you to have one
or
-"When i open my eyes, i will question if i'm dreaming." - to make you question and do reality checks
or
-"Next time i open my eyes, i will look at my hands." - to make you do a specific reality check

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 30 Nov 2013 12:59

Highlander wrote:
btifuldreamer wrote:Hmmm i understand. Right now my mantra is "I will stay still and not open my eyes when i wake up. Is that a good one? :D"

I find that a little bit confusing, for me that is. The "not open my eyes" i didn't get it. If it was me, i would do something like:
-"Tonight i want to have a lucid dream." -this is to force you to have one
or
-"When i open my eyes, i will question if i'm dreaming." - to make you question and do reality checks
or
-"Next time i open my eyes, i will look at my hands." - to make you do a specific reality check

I say the 'Not open my eyes bit' so that my brain will remember not to. Now i don't really do mantras, i just hope for the best :) I didn't have a lucid dream, but using this method allowed me to have three different vivid dreams about the same thing. I am certain this is the easiest of lucid dreaming. Hopefully tonight i will lucid dream! :D

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 01:01

btifuldreamer wrote:
Highlander wrote:They don't work always, but it's a great percentage of situations that works. It's worth doing this. When i wnat to DEILD i do the same mantra for a task. I mean, before i go to sleep i think of a thing to do in the dream or a situation that i want to happen. Then i make up a phrase to repeat over and over again until i sleep. When i wake up in the middle of the night, if i didn't have the dream that i wanted, i repeat the same phrase. If nothing happened that night, i try again next night.

Hmmm i understand. Right now my mantra is "I will stay still and not open my eyes when i wake up. Is that a good one? :D"

I suggest to shorten it so all the words you say are impact words as the trival words throu it will take some of its energy away (and if its long you cant say it so much either).

eg "Be still, eyes shut" or "Stay still, eyes shut" or just "Still, eyes shut" may carry more impact. Mantras are better when kept short.

You shouldnt need the "when I wake up" part as that is your whole intent in the first place and subconciously you know that.

Tonight i want to have a lucid dream." -this is to force you to have one

As far as affirmations go, its important to put things in the tense of that they will occur eg. I WILL lucid dream or I CAN lucid dream ... rather then "I want"... I want is putting out something you "wish" for rather then will actually get. Be determined in what you are asking for and expect, to make the impact stronger.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 01 Dec 2013 11:10

For me, DEILD is the fastest and most effective way of entering the lucid dream world. It's like the technical effort has already been made for you. All that remains, at least in my case, is to get out of bed to find that the surroundings are not the real world.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

btifuldreamer

Postby btifuldreamer » 04 Dec 2013 11:58

Thanks Tania i'll use your suggestions! :D
Summerlander wrote:For me, DEILD is the fastest and most effective way of entering the lucid dream world. It's like the technical effort has already been made for you. All that remains, at least in my case, is to get out of bed to find that the surroundings are not the real world.

Ahh good i thought i might be alone on this because no one else said this is the best technique :? But we all have our own opinions. How do you remember to keep your eyes shut and not move? I did that the other night and i was ready but i saw a scary movie earlier so i didn't want to do it :( But maybe next time! :)

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 04 Dec 2013 14:28

My friend, I live for the DEILD method. This method is about the following: to naturally exit the dream state to briefly dip your head in conscious juice (yeah, like borrowing the 'waking' element) and lucidly return to dreamland.

You will naturally catch those moments when you exit a dream and your body is very still and your eyes are shut. All you have to do is look for them. When you catch that moment, you know what you do? Just get up immediately (an apparent separation from the sleeping body stencil).

The truth is that the first sensations of a bed beneath you are not real anyway. They are phantom. So up you get! Don't worry about moving physically. Dont even think about how you will do it. Just do it! Once up then you can question the nature of the environment and perform tests.

If "separation" fails, then there is an algorithm of action upon awakenings to follow as plan "B". It's just cycling through simple techniques. But you want to avoid faffing with these. What you really want is to nail plan "A" - become a master of separating from your perceived body upon awakening.

I'm posting an explanatory diagram about that algorithm as soon as I get near my PC.

DEILD rules!

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “For Beginners”