Hey

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Strontium

Hey

Postby Strontium » 26 Nov 2013 00:23

Hey! My name is Strontium, and I'm a new user. I was talking with my sister the other day, and she said "you know, there is probably a forum out there for lucid dreaming," and I said "really?" and it turns out there is!

Although my vivid dreams make me unique among my friends and family they are probably a pretty common trait here, but I will attest that my dreams are very vivid and complex. I've had dreams about my friends turning into cats to avoid Canadian law; being invited to a Halloween short-story telling party at YA author John Green's house; traveling across the land as an apatosaurs on the way to prehistoric Florida; running into my high school band while I was a ghost; being trapped in the past and living out my whole life with an old couple, and so on.

I also have lucid dreamed a few times (probably more than 10 times). I don't actively try to set up a lucid dream, but I seize the opportunity when it comes. I've trained myself to be able to shoot fireballs in my lucid dreams out of my hands. I can also fly/float and pass through walls and floors.

I actually have some lucid dream theory questions related to the fireballs thing, and I thought this would be a cool place to get my questions answered.
Thanks for reading!

tea

Re: Hey

Postby tea » 27 Nov 2013 16:41

hi there!

you have dreamt about being at john green's house? haha awesome, did you meet him there?

also, congrats on your LD-success so far! what are your thoughts/questions about the fireballs?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Strontium

Postby Strontium » 28 Nov 2013 03:01

tea wrote:hi there!

you have dreamt about being at john green's house? haha awesome, did you meet him there?

also, congrats on your LD-success so far! what are your thoughts/questions about the fireballs?

Hi!

Yeah I got to meet him! He even gave me a congratulations on the stories I told/performed at the party. He said, "It was really impressive for a 15 year old," and I didn't have time to correct him and tell him I'm 19 (and a week away from being 20)

My question is... I have a hunch that lucid dreamers have an element they dream about controlling. Specifically one of the "four elements" or classical elements of fire, water, earth and air. So, I dreamed about controlling fire by conjuring fireballs. I had a friend who told me in her first lucid dream, she tried to cause water gallons in the supermarket to explode. I wanted to see if that was true or not, or just my hokey hunch. *shrugs*

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Nov 2013 17:31

hmmm.. element eh???? never tried it b4 , but i have powers of mind control. i dont need to touch or reach out for anything in LD. if i want it, and if i concentrate it will comes to me, like Jean Grey in X-men. :D and ur question gave me another idea. will try it in next LD. And also, welcome to the group..
I see the Truth now.

tea

Postby tea » 04 Dec 2013 21:03

cool! next time you meet him in a dream, tell him DFTBA!

i've never heard about that element thing either... at least not that lucid dreamers tend to have a specific one...
still, i didn't see any questions there - did you just want to know if it's a thing and/or what our experiences with elements are?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”