Have you ever found your dream guide?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kman43759

Have you ever found your dream guide?

Postby Kman43759 » 04 Dec 2013 22:56

Ive heard some story's on this forum about people finding there dream guide, or coming close, it sounds really interesting, sadly I havent found on yet cause all my DC's are always hostile or arrogant :/ but anyway comment your experiences with finding your dream guide or if you have came close to finding it

[ Post made via iPod ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

yours4everblue

Re: Have you ever found your dream guide?

Postby yours4everblue » 04 Dec 2013 23:03

Um, I'm new here... what's a dream guide?

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 04 Dec 2013 23:21

yours4everblue wrote:Um, I'm new here... what's a dream guide?

First of all, welcome to the forum! :D

I think people's interpretation of what a dream guide is is a little different from person to person, but basically it is a direct form of your subconscious mind that you can directly interact with. It is seemingly highly intelligent and can give you great insight into the deep workings of your brain and give you very profound advice. It's one of those things many lucid dreamers really strive to experience. That's a short definition, but I think it pretty much sums it up. :)

yours4everblue

Postby yours4everblue » 05 Dec 2013 00:48

Thank you, Vonozar :D

I can honestly say I've never had that experience. I've had a lot of bizarre lucid dreams, but I think interacting with my subconscious is something wayyy beyond me!

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Dec 2013 02:15

yours4everblue wrote:Thank you, Vonozar :D

I can honestly say I've never had that experience. I've had a lot of bizarre lucid dreams, but I think interacting with my subconscious is something wayyy beyond me!

Not necessarily. You should try it, see what happens. You might surprise yourself. ;)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Dec 2013 06:32

yours4everblue wrote:I think interacting with my subconscious is something wayyy beyond me!

Don't think of anything as being 'hard'. If you do, it will be.

I have tried several times, and spoke with strange dream characters and some of them are even objects that speak! I never considered it a "dream guide", but perhaps my own belief about what a dream guide should be is what left me disappointed. I need to redefine it for myself. I suppose anyone and anything you talk to in a lucid dream that talks back is essentially a dream guide. If you ask for help with an open heart it shouldn't be hostile and should be a great asset in a lucid dream.

I'm currently working on this from time to time in my lucid dreams whenever I remember and stop chasing girls around! 8-)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 05 Dec 2013 07:11

I'm very familiar with what I believe to be my dream guide. It's a dream character that can take various forms, but is always very loving and just there to help and support, not solve my problems.

I am often visited just before something difficult happens in my life. Last time I just got a big hug that really made me feel fantastic, but then I was thinking "oh crap, what's coming now?" And I had a pretty horrible day the next day, but that's life sometimes.

Anyway, I love it when the dream guide shows up and gives me lots of loving. One time I was kind of chastised directly for something I was doing, straight to the point, but completely truthful. It just took me aback and was very humbling. Then my dream guide gave me a big kiss right after chastising me, fixed me right up!

So anyway, as far as I'm concerned, they do exist and hope you meet yours too.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”