Problems opening my eyes

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
charmingamy

Problems opening my eyes

Postby charmingamy » 05 Dec 2013 16:00

Hi, in two of my lucid dreams i had trouble opening either one or both of my eyes. It kinda feels like when you are too sleepy that you cant open your eyes. Has anyone had this experience?

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

Jacob46719

Re: Problems opening my eyes

Postby Jacob46719 » 06 Dec 2013 00:46

I used to have that problem way too often a few years ago. During any dream, I found it frustrating and boring when I wanted to see what was going on. I usually don't have to deal with it now.
Never underestimate the power of the ponies.

R99

Postby R99 » 06 Dec 2013 16:06

yeah, i had this problem wen i started LD practice. if i tried to open my eyes, i wake up. through practice i overcome it. u just need to have faith in ur self. After some LDs u surely overcome it.i think its natural.
I see the Truth now.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Dec 2013 16:54

Stop trying to open your eyes or thinking that you have eyes in the dream world with the problem of eye crust. Do not even rub them. You need to break that mental barrier that tells you, "something is wrong with my eyes."

What needs to be remedied is vision. You can open your eyes a thousands times in a lucid dream and still remain visually impaired. I used to have the same problem. Now, in order to improve vision, I simply rub my hands together about six inches from my perceived face. The tactile sensation, the friction, and the warmth almost always leads to the creation of vision where the hands, or any other dream object can be distinguished.

Sometimes I even blow a hot stream of air from my mouth in order to "magically paint" my surroundings with colour and light. Your imagination is your limit.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”