How to fly and how to LD (easy tip)

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
erichsa

Re: How to fly and how to LD (easy tip)

Postby erichsa » 06 Dec 2013 18:11

[quote][/quote]I tried flying for the first time today, but i only got to levitate a few meters of the ground.

Great you are on the right track, in time learning from the website and its forums you should get higher and higher, and fly away. ´See you around. :)

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 06 Dec 2013 18:30

Had a lucid dream this morning and after a DC challenged me to a sword fight with long sticks of cut wood, he flew off high into the sky with about 10 more sticks. I decided to chase after him, taking a few sticks with me, but was not able to get very high. Normally I can fly fairly easily, but this dream was getting very old at that point and I was struggling to keep it going. For me levitating is a little easier than flying.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Dec 2013 15:54

For all what it is worth. I have no hassle flying planes, gliders or body flying, but it only happened twice that I had people body flying with me. A while ego I taught a few kids to fly with me, and last night I was flying at a show and onlookers ask me how I do it. I said: If you believe you can fly you can. Looking down I saw an other person was flying bellow me. Onlookers ask him how he does it. His answer: If you believe you can fly you can. This I also told the kids who were flying with me. :) Come into my dream and I will show you. :D

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 09 Dec 2013 00:49

You're Peter Pan! :lol:
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 15 Dec 2013 23:20

My tip for flying and something i learnt to help me in those dreams where my perception of gravity got the better of me is to imagine the sky coming to you. Or for instance, i'd look at the tops of some trees and rather then imagine flying up to the tops of the trees I would imagine the tops of the trees coming to me. This was quite a powerful course of learning for me and helped a lot. I also try to imply this for moving through things and have practiced it in LD's with varying success. So if i want to move through a wall, or a closed window that i can't open, i will imagine the wall or window passing through me rather then me passing through the wall or window. It's all about playing with the illusions...

TillyPink

Postby TillyPink » 15 Dec 2013 23:32

erichsa wrote:For all what it is worth. I have no hassle flying planes, gliders or body flying, but it only happened twice that I had people body flying with me. A while ego I taught a few kids to fly with me, and last night I was flying at a show and onlookers ask me how I do it. I said: If you believe you can fly you can. Looking down I saw an other person was flying bellow me. Onlookers ask him how he does it. His answer: If you believe you can fly you can. This I also told the kids who were flying with me. :) Come into my dream and I will show you. :D

erichsa, i also have had this frequently where i will 'teach' other people to fly. I think a lot of it is about me helping myself using my DC projections. I have also managed to carry one young man up into the clouds. That was a beautiful emotional lucid dream. But often i have struggled to carry people when i have tried as again, the illusion of their weight drags me back down!

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 12 Apr 2014 19:22

Fly with FIFA :)

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 13 Apr 2014 02:43

Looks like we have another spam-bot on the loose....
It'll probably be deleted soon, so others may have no idea what Erichsa was talking about.

Ahwell, let future readers scratch their heads! :P
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Jigsaw79

Postby Jigsaw79 » 21 Apr 2014 22:46

Sadly, I am not a very good flyer. Usually when I try, I go up some, then fall back onto the ground again. But there have been some successes.

The earliest success I can remember was in a LD where I was at school. There was an angry mob chasing me and my friend, and we were trying to escape. That's when he taught me to fly. I flew up into the air and away from the school with my friend into a new realm, and the feeling of flying felt great. Eventually, we went back down into the new realm.
Another success was either early this year or late last year. I was in a LD with another one of my friends, and there was another person I knew, and that person was trying to kill us. We couldn't get away. Then my friend told me to flap. Flap into the sky. I tried, but I couldn't. "Believe," he said. So I believed I could. And then I took my arms and flapped into the sky, looking back down at the person who was trying to kill us.

I guess the moral of the story is just to believe you can fly, believe you can touch the sky. Sorry, sorry, I had to. :lol: But anyway, next time I will try to truly believe. I guess I needed the advice from a friend.

journo123

Postby journo123 » 27 May 2014 13:10

Hi, I'm a freelance journalist looking to talk to anyone (preferably UK based) about their lucid dreams for an article I'm writing. I'm really interested to hear about your experiences and tips for LD, please get in touch if you'd be happy to talk - email me at imogen.beecroft.1@city.ac.uk
Thanks!
Imogen

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”