Why Lucid Dreaming Isn't Scary

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Creator

Why Lucid Dreaming Isn't Scary

Postby Creator » 30 Nov 2013 17:15

I realized.

I had a dream today (regular dream, not lucid) that I was having hallucinations. I saw a scary humanoid with black bleeding eyes running in the hallway towards me. I yelled "KILL IT!! KILL IT!!!", but my family was like "Kill what"? They didn't see it. Only me. There was a bunch of other scary stuff I was seeing. It was scary as hell. But when I woke up. I noticed something.

It didn't seem that scary. I noticed, that when you wake up from nightmares, you partially forget how scary it was. I remember how scary it was, but even now, it doesn't seem that scary anymore, and I'm STILL not afraid to lucid dream. It isn't scary.

It wasn't even a lucid dream. People say regular nightmares are more scary than lucid nightmares. Well, imagine how less scary a lucid nightmare/dream would be. (Not.) If you're in a lucid nightmare, and you don't want to see what's happening, you can manipulate it. And dismiss it consciously.

Now, I'm not afraid of anything anymore.
I will soon be the GOD of lucid dreaming.

R99

Re: Why Lucid Dreaming Isn't Scary

Postby R99 » 30 Nov 2013 18:09

Dont worry , u will met ur match someday. ;) . just like i did. U have no idea how much LD could get scary as LD nightmare, if u wanted it to be. :twisted:
I see the Truth now.

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 30 Nov 2013 19:24

Creator wrote:I realized.

I had a dream today (regular dream, not lucid) that I was having hallucinations. I saw a scary humanoid with black bleeding eyes running in the hallway towards me. I yelled "KILL IT!! KILL IT!!!", but my family was like "Kill what"? They didn't see it. Only me. There was a bunch of other scary stuff I was seeing. It was scary as hell. But when I woke up. I noticed something.

It didn't seem that scary. I noticed, that when you wake up from nightmares, you partially forget how scary it was. I remember how scary it was, but even now, it doesn't seem that scary anymore, and I'm STILL not afraid to lucid dream. It isn't scary.

It wasn't even a lucid dream. People say regular nightmares are more scary than lucid nightmares. Well, imagine how less scary a lucid nightmare/dream would be. (Not.) If you're in a lucid nightmare, and you don't want to see what's happening, you can manipulate it. And dismiss it consciously.

Now, I'm not afraid of anything anymore.

The lucid nightmare I spoke of in my long hour of terror post was the scariest experience of my life, lucid dreams can still be very scary.
Do a reality check

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 01 Dec 2013 01:38

Creator wrote:I realized.

It didn't seem that scary. I noticed, that when you wake up from nightmares, you partially forget how scary it was.

You obviously have never had a very scary nightmare. Ive had some which have affected me so badly that I couldnt go back to sleep as I was scared to have them again (those were non lucid nightmares).

Non lucid nightmares can be far worst then lucid ones as when one is non lucid there is shit all one can try to do about it. At least with a lucid one, one can tell oneself that one is alseep and possibly stop the nightmare or if worst comes to worst, can then often wake oneself up to get out of it (they only then become a big issue if the person starts having false awakenings with it).
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 01 Dec 2013 20:29

Oh god false awakenings can really start to piss me off... LOL. Anyway, I have had a few nightmares in my life and tons of scary experiences but i've never really had anything immensely terrifying that I can remember. I have the power of music defending me in my dreams... I am a musician and an addict to that 100%. I once had this fear that I was going to see Slenderman in my dream and Jeff the Killer too, two immensely terrifying things that could manifest in a terrifying way in my dreams but when I encountered them I remembered that I planned on starting a band with the two gentleman. Jeff was the bassist and Slenderman made a fine keyboardist, I swapped between the drums and it turned out the two guys were just stressed out from people not wanting to hang out. They might not be the most attractive men but I treat them with respect if I ever encounter them in dreams. It is only very seldom that I can encounter something like that in a non-lucid dream that will scare me, but I always seem to be able to wake myself up even in a non-lucid dream. So, how do you guys prevent scary things in dreams? Like I said, music is my greatest ally and I will always have it in my soul watching over me, protecting me.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Dec 2013 23:52

The Beach Boy wrote: I once had this fear that I was going to see Slenderman in my dream and Jeff the Killer too, two immensely terrifying things that could manifest in a terrifying way in my dreams but when I encountered them I remembered that I planned on starting a band with the two gentleman. Jeff was the bassist and Slenderman made a fine keyboardist, I swapped between the drums and it turned out the two guys were just stressed out from people not wanting to hang out.

:lol:

Its certainly to do with mind set, how much fear we could have in a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

The Beach Boy

Postby The Beach Boy » 04 Dec 2013 04:45

I've just never had nightmares really, i've had a few and they were certainly terrifying but they are few and far between. I don't believe in my dreams bringing my pain, I force myself through constant reassurance that everything I see in a dream can only help me. I tell myself to only allow scary things in dreams if I am truly meant to see them. So something that is scary just for the sake of being scary is banned from coming into my head while sleeping, thank you very much hahah.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Dec 2013 22:33

Here's how nightmares have gone for me:
When I was younger, I let them get to me. I'd wake from them and be too terrified to open my eyes and look at the monster's hand creeping out from under my bed... I'd be off-kilter all day; usually I wouldn't be able to sleep properly for a week or two, and I'd ALWAYS sleep with a light on.
But, as I've aged, I've grown tolerant and detached from these dark specters. Nightmares don't bother me ... And don't say I must have never experienced anything bad, because they have truly been horrible.
I agree with Creator's post.
While in reality, dreamland is like a distorted memory; misunderstandable. And why not? We're always operating on fickle and constantly shifting brain states.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”